I set out to build my son the best possible computer I could afford as his Christmas present.
He, like me, has an insane curiousity for computers and their capability. So for his Christmas present I set out to build him a present he would get to enjoy and most likely would be the building block for the rest of his life. The only problem was I had gotten called back to work at the local refinery (thank goodness) and I was also getting a stream of computer repair jobs all at the same time.
Some of the parts I had already purchased but where was I going to find time to build it? As luck would have it, I was able to manage the build in only 5 days with the help of a friend.
Our work schedule was 10 hour days, 4 days a week. It sounds easy enough unless you're working construction and you come home feeling as though you were running the NY marathon every day.
In 5 days I managed to build one of the most kick butt systems I've ever had the fortune to participate in.

Because of the time constraint I didn't have time to make a worklog per say but I'll relay what i can as it happened in a somewhat timeline fashion.