Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Storm Shadow

Project Storm Shadow

Looking good TGS. I like where you are going with this. Just a few suggestions if I could. Just my two cents take them or leave them either way the mod is really cool.

I like the scabbard as a handle idea I just think the U-bolt think detracts from the mod a bit. If I were you I'd give a go at trying something a little more challenging. Maybe cut some aluminum up custom or something. I think that would really pop the mod up a notch.

Also in my opinion I think that cobra detail on the side is awesome. But I have an idea. How about you move it up to where that round vent is and cut it out through the metal. Making the cobra thing the vent. Kill two birds with one stone. You could fill it with some more of that screen and paint it red and get a similar effect. What do you think?

Project Storm Shadow

I like the scabbard as a handle idea I just think the U-bolt think detracts from the mod a bit. If I were you I'd give a go at trying something a little more challenging. Maybe cut some aluminum up custom or something. I think that would really pop the mod up a notch.
    I agree. I'm still working on that actually. Everything I try looks stupid too. I would like to find a way to mount it to the top and have the "mount" not be a distraction. Any ideas?

Also in my opinion I think that cobra detail on the side is awesome. But I have an idea. How about you move it up to where that round vent is and cut it out through the metal. Making the cobra thing the vent. Kill two birds with one stone. You could fill it with some more of that screen and paint it red and get a similar effect. What do you think?
    I've already painted it and don't really want to find a clean way to remove it and then repaint, so......

Project Storm Shadow

well for the scabbard you could find some 1/2 clear plex and cut it to fit and light it with a white LED. If you can't make it maybe you can find something. Maybe a modified WCing mount of some kind or something at a store pre made. I can't think of what though. Might have to keep an eye out.

Project Storm Shadow

I'm trying something else to mount it. I'll take pics soon

Project Storm Shadow

Looking pretty darn good so far!

Project Storm Shadow

I bought a pipe repair kit

It'll go kind of like this

But first I need to make it white

And then cut it down to two screws

I locked down the rear as well

All of it is bolted to the inside

To carry the theme of the sword handle I added a strap to the bolts holding the scabbard

I even painted the drive to match

I disliked the tooless design, so I went with a screw instead

I'm calling this one complete

Project Storm Shadow

Thumbs up man, it looks great.

Very creative with the sword mounts.

Another great mod, I bow before thee.

Project Storm Shadow

OK, I was referring to using it on plastic (should have said that). On plastic it looks just like any other type of paint without the Krylon metallics basecoat. I haven't used it on bare metal yet because I always use a basecoat primer......hmmm something else to try now . Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information