Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Rider Castle Mod (IN WIN) by modscases.com

Dragon Rider Castle Mod (IN WIN) by modscases.com

Wow! Cool effect!
    Looking forward to how this build progresses.

-=TD

oh thanks a lot TD working hard on this

What are you going to cover the styro with? I used to work at a sign shop where we made all kinds of things out of Styrofoam. I even made a 10ftX10ft "sand" castle once! We used to coat the foam with polyurethane before we painted it.

What are you going to cover the styro with? I used to work at a sign shop where we made all kinds of things out of Styrofoam. I even made a 10ftX10ft "sand" castle once! We used to coat the foam with polyurethane before we painted it.
    That's a good idea. I recall from my warhammer days that spray paint (and maybe some other types of paint) can dissolve the polystyrene :O

That great. do you think the polyurethane will cover the stone effect ? and where can i get that it's very helpful i was going to use a 3m filler and make it a little watery. thanks mate.

That's a good idea. I recall from my warhammer days that spray paint (and maybe some other types of paint) can dissolve the polystyrene :O
    ohh sorry 4 what happen. many people telling me not to use any spry paint but i am going to use a water base paint so no effect and like Chris say use the polyurethane wish to find it it is flammable so i can find it on eBay or so thanks

Well the polyurethane we were spraying was from an industrial sprayer. It was from a big 55 gallon drum. I'm not sure if you can find it in a home-use spray can. It might cover the stone texture. I guess it would just depend on how think you sprayed it.
    The people who are telling you not to use spray paint are correct. The xylene in the paint will eat away the foam.
    By "3M filler", I assume you mean body-filler, like Bondo? I'm not sure if that will stick to Styrofoam. Have you tried it?

Well the polyurethane we were spraying was from an industrial sprayer. It was from a big 55 gallon drum. I'm not sure if you can find it in a home-use spray can. It might cover the stone texture. I guess it would just depend on how think you sprayed it.
    The people who are telling you not to use spray paint are correct. The xylene in the paint will eat away the foam.
    By "3M filler", I assume you mean body-filler, like Bondo? I'm not sure if that will stick to Styrofoam. Have you tried it?
    no i did not try it yet i will try to paint right in the foam with water base color thanks

What ever happened to this project?

oh i working 12 hours every day so i don't have any free time right now in 2 weeks i will start work on it back thanks my mod never stop just if i dead

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information