Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: dmcgrath - Thermaltake Level 10 GT - Mayan Mod

dmcgrath - Thermaltake Level 10 GT - Mayan Mod

OMG !
    Just as she is finished I find this forum but man what a trip (and treat) reading through the whole thread!
    Absolutely stunning case man !

Thanks a ton asphiax.

Welcome to the forums, btw!

As for the case rabble we got sidetracked on. I'm still pretty sure we are meant to send it all back. Well, minus the parts we took off to make the mod, they don't need those.

I'm sure we'll have clarification after the weekend.

Meanwhile I need to get something to put on the headphone hanger area, I'm thinking like some vinyl, or a tiny sheet of rubber or something. Maybe some contact paper, the stuff they use on shelving, but I'd probably have to buy an entire roll to use 8 sq. inches.

Something that won't look bad, and also won't ruin the integrity of your headset over time.

Any suggestions?

Banned

Honestly bro, I'd just not put it back on if I were you. This thing looks totally beast as-is and I personally think that would throw it off a little bit.

Honestly bro, I'd just not put it back on if I were you. This thing looks totally beast as-is and I personally think that would throw it off a little bit.
    Oh I really meant on the top of the hanger area only. That little curved shield right above my Mayan dude's head, that's what I'm talking about.

We should hear something soon about the shipping question.

I couldn't help myself. I got in there and did a few more pictures. Using the obligatory 'sheet on the wall' technique.

I've got a decent SLR, Nikon D60, with the regular 18-55mm lens on it. And I used a flash diffuser (a piece of bent white typing paper).

I'm still amazed how a flash can get every tiny little detail (flaw) to show. And I mean things that don't show up to the naked eye. It took the camera's eye for me to see them for the first time. I finally got around to uploading all the pics through my own hosting, now that I just got a bandwidth warning from Photobucket.
    I'll post the 800px pick up and a link to the 4MB hiRes versions, if you want to look in more detail at what I did (right and wrong), happy viewing.

_dan

- High Resolution Version Here

Banned

Oh I really meant on the top of the hanger area only. That little curved shield right above my Mayan dude's head, that's what I'm talking about.
    That's what I was talking about as well, lol. In the new pix it kinda looks ok, but it still looks "off" too. It also sucks that I can't think of anything to do with it, sorry.

When in doubt, cover it with moss. lol

Banned

Yeah the only idea I could come up with was a thin layer of the balsa over it, and carved to look like tiles, and then covered with moss n maybe a dangling vine or 2. I'm not certain that would look good though.

Oh well, covering it up isn't really an option, I wanted it to be exposed so you could use it. Not to mention it's permanently glued there and also covered in foam at the attachment points.

Maybe next time I'm @ Home Depot I'll look around and see if something strikes me. But it doesn't really detract as it is at the moment. More so in pictures than in person.

I did find a piece of black felt, I'll check that out too.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information