Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boddaker - Thermaltake Level 10 GT - COD MW3

Boddaker - Thermaltake Level 10 GT - COD MW3

My favorite part is still the claymore mine feet!

But I kind of agree with modscases_com, I don't really think you were stepping out of line making bullets on that area anyway. With a war mod like that, the bullets there are almost an obvious choice.

Glad to see you working on it!

My favorite part is still the claymore mine feet!

But I kind of agree with modscases_com, I don't really think you were stepping out of line making bullets on that area anyway. With a war mod like that, the bullets there are almost an obvious choice.

Glad to see you working on it!
    thanks guys, I appreciate it. These things happen, as they say, great minds think alike. :mrgreen: But I always try to do something different in my mods, and when I realized what had happened, I knew I had to change my game plan. Especially since we're competing in the same contest lol.

Update coming up in a few...

So this was an interesting day. I did get some progress done on the case, but also had a bit of an injury as well. But we'll get to that. First the progress...

Here's a shot of the hard drive cage removed from the case, as well as the door post. I had to remove that in order to get the cage out.

My plan for that was to cut the sides off and re-use the bottom plate, but I think I will just make a new bottom plate for the minigun area, and leave the cage intact for future use.

So with my new idea for the removable trays fresh in my head, I decided to jump right in and get them done next. I first made a paper template to get the size and shape of the magazine extensions.

I grabbed some scrap acrylic and cut out all the pieces to make five magazine extensions.

I stacked them up and filed the edges down simultaneously to ensure uniformity (and save time). Here is one magazine loosely assembled for a test fit.

Here it is next to one of the hard drive caddies.

I'll remove the spring loaded handle underneath and cut the top part down so the magazine will slide right onto it. Then I'll glue it into place. That will be tomorrow's task.

Now, about that injury... well as I was cutting one of the above pieces, it seems my rotary tool developed a taste for flesh and went after my right index finger without warning. Sliced it damn near to the bone too. Had to go to the emergency room and get nine stitches put in. ops: After a couple hours I came back to what can only be described as something straight out of a CSI episode. I almost started looking for Grissom and a chalk outline lol. Scroll down to see the pic if you are so inclined... (Not for the extremely faint-hearted, but at least I didn't photograph my gashed appendage and post that!)

The good news is that by some divine act I managed to not sever any arteries or tendons, which is unbelievable given the length and depth of the cut. The Dr said I could probably even take the stitches out in about a week.

So I came back and still managed to finish cutting my pieces, bandaged hand and all. Though I had to use my jig saw since I somehow snapped the cable in the rotary tool during the incident. Good riddance I say!

oh wow im so happy to see your ok, I hope you get better soon!

Is good to see u ok carefully man

HOLY COW!

I've poked my finger with a dental tool while I was carving....

But seriously, I'm glad you are okay, man. Really glad.

_dan

Instead of Bods Mods, it is now Body's Mods....

Dude...... tis but a scratch . .

I keep super glue handy for this type of thing. The best bandage in the world.

More work done on the magazines over the weekend, as well as got a start on the AT-4 handle.

So I took the hard drive trays and notched them so the magazine extensions would slide onto them.

Then I used some plastic weld to glue them on.

Stuck them into the slots and realized that in order to get them to snap into place again, I had to round the corners of the slots a bit to fit the curve of the magazines. Didn't take much tho.

Next I brought out the styrene for some quick and basic detail.

Now they're looking more like rifle magazines.

All five mags done, and back into the slots.

Next step was to fill in any gaps and rough edges with bondo, and round the corners. Here's a before and after shot.

Shot the trays with a coat of primer to see how they look.

With the mags pretty much done, I started work on the AT-4 handle up top. I'm using an ABS 2" pipe and some couplers for this. It's kinda hard to see in the pic, but I cut a slot in the pipe to accept the metal case handle.

It's a nice snug fit. It's not centered because the front of the handle extends out more due to the front panel of the case.

And the obligatory "on-the-case" pic to finish off the update.

I still have to figure out how to secure the pipe onto the handle. I can't glue it on permanently unless I drill holes in the top to access the screws that fasten the handle onto the case. I'd like to make it so just snaps in place, with a quick-disconnect so it can be removed and put into use in case a Panzer tank happens to crash through the wall at the next lan party. :P

That's it 'til next time.

not taht im really supruised here but this really is turning out sick... I like the direction this is heading

I really like how the magazines turned out. I look forward to the scope and gatling progresses.

Also, I don't think there's been a single case that I haven't drawn blood on... I almost wonder if it's ritual now.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information