Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boddaker - Thermaltake Level 10 GT - COD MW3

Boddaker - Thermaltake Level 10 GT - COD MW3

For the rifle mag idea, you could use In Win's Ammo HDD caddy's...

Here's my review on them.

Brian

nice man love this new idea like it

Thanks guys. That external drive enclosure would be a perfect match for this.

Work continues on the AT-4 Handle. I figured out how to fasten it to the metal handle frame. I decided to create four tabs that the tube could rest on. I simply used my hack saw to make a few cuts in the frame, and bent them down.

Here's a close up of one end,

and the other. The curve isn't perfect, as I just used a pair of pliers to bend them. 0-0

I then drilled holes and tapped the tube to accept some 6-32 thumb screws. I think I have some black ones somewhere....

For the ends, I found some ABS reducers that actually have the octagon shape to match the ends of the AT-4.
    I just needed to remove the flared part.

That's it for this quick mid-week update. More this weekend!

Got a ton of work done on the minigun the last couple days.

I continued with making the back panel, using some scrap black anodized aluminum sheet. I used one of the wood pieces as a template.

To attach the PVC barrels, I got these PVC plugs.

They will sandwich the aluminum plate between the plug and the ends of the barrels. I'll glue them in later.

Then I added a rod in the center and secured it to the panel with a collar. This is where the pulley will go that will connect to the servo.

I made up a new back panel for the former 5 1/4 bay area,

...as well as a new bottom panel.

Here's a shot of the new panels in the case.

Next step was to figure out where the minigun was going to stick through the front bezel, and make a square hole into a round one.

Using some scrap 1/8" acrylic, I made a couple pieces and glued them in.

I temporarily assembled the gun and placed it in for a test fit. But in order to do that, I had to transfer the center of the front circle to the back panel and drill a hole for the rod/drive shaft so it sat level.

Once I had the minigun centered, I could mark the bottom panel to attach some rollers that will support the forward weight of the minigun. For the rollers, I'm cannibalizing a couple old drawer slides I had lying around.

After filing them down, I mounted them to the bottom panel with some pop rivets.

With everything back in place, you can see how the minigun is supported by these rollers.

Finally a wider shot of the whole assembly. Somewhere along the way, I sanded and primed the barrels and wood pieces.

Next I'll mount the servo, and maybe even take her out for a spin. I'm concerned that the servo I have won't be strong enough to get the minigun rotating, as it is fairly hefty. Hopefully, the rollers will alleviate some of that weight, and it will work as planned. Otherwise I'll have to invest in a beefier motor.

Nice!

I am concerned that the PVC pipe will not hold up when you fire live rounds thru it though. :P

You could do a little gear reduction on that servo for it to have enough torque can't you? What about an RC car motor? They have tons of torque!

Nice!

I am concerned that the PVC pipe will not hold up when you fire live rounds thru it though. :P

You could do a little gear reduction on that servo for it to have enough torque can't you? What about an RC car motor? They have tons of torque!
    lol

I was planning to do some gear reduction, mainly for increasing the speed of the rotation. If I geared it down for more torque, it would be too slow I think. It needs to go pretty fast to be more realistic, so I got a small pulley on the end of the barrels, and a larger pulley on the servo. We'll see how that goes lol.

I've got to admit, it is impressive that you're still continuing after the double amputation from the great Rotary Tool Accident of 2011. It is an inspiration to us all.

If you can post your steps for the motor/servo. I'm curious about the details.

Something big and scary for a motor, like a vacuum cleaner's motor should be fairly cheap to get. And it'd make a hell of a racket when you start it, which would add to the terror that those guns inspire.
    Looking good man! Loving this.

I've got to admit, it is impressive that you're still continuing after the double amputation from the great Rotary Tool Accident of 2011. It is an inspiration to us all.

Double amputation?? lol it's amazing how things get exaggerated as time passes. Next week I'll have been eaten by a lion during a hurricane, and STILL managed get finish the mod on time. :twisted:

Yes, I'll document my servo trials and tribulations and post the results either way.

@ dmcgrath, I could also make use of the vacuum cleaner's suction power, and outfit the case with forced induction for the ultimate in air cooling! :P

Double amputation?? lol it's amazing how things get exaggerated as time passes. Next week I'll have been eaten by a lion during a hurricane, and STILL managed get finish the mod on time. :twisted:

Yes, I'll document my servo trials and tribulations and post the results either way.

@ dmcgrath, I could also make use of the vacuum cleaner's suction power, and outfit the case with forced induction for the ultimate in air cooling! :P
    I hear you got struck by lightning.... twice, then hit by a train, and the lion thing I just heard about... im now thoroughly impressed that your still moving forward with the build haha :P

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information