Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimus Prime (KBMouse mod) [DNF]

Banned

Optimus Prime (KBMouse mod) [DNF]

Ok, on the 19th, my Photobucket will reset and allow the pix to show, and when it does, I'll update this again, but for now just note that I have a couple of minor updates that will be posted then as well, as I was able to mod myself a new tool that was needed, as well as desoldered some pins for the USB's (and who knows what else will happen in the mean time . Thanks!

Banned

Ok, so I think I found a good workaround to get free unlimited bandwidth, lol. I can actually, instead of posting pics, post the pic links to where I post them on my Dmnklr Modz Facebook profile. What does everyone think about this idea? Seems like a good way to use the system to my advantage, lol, at least for most pics, maybe not super-detailed ones though.

Please give your opinions on this, thanks.

People who don't have facebook won't be able to see the pics... I think

Banned

People who don't have facebook won't be able to see the pics... I think
    Yeah, I tested that just a moment ago and noticed that issue. Grr... lol.

Banned

Ok, well, for the time being, I'm still using Photobucket. We shall see how it works out, hopefully well, lol. Anyway, I've a couple of updates, of which I'll be posting separately. So a little update here. I recently had to custom make a tool to use for this and other mods, so I whipped out my trusty Craftsman rotary tool, sorted through all of my extra allen wrenches, and got to work. The following pics will show you what I started with, what I had to achieve, what I made, and the reason for it. Enjoy

What I started with:

What I needed to mod it to fit:

Here's what that kind of screw goes to (I had to jimmy-rig a screwdriver to finagle the first screw out so I could use it for reference. That was a royal pain!):

Here's the work area with the PPE (Personal Protective Equipment for those who don't know:

Close-up shot of the allen wrench, pre-mod, inserted into a hole in some insulation styrene:

And now a nice pair of post-mod shots of the wrench (pix would be better if my camera was also better, lol):

And the end result, the OP toy disassembled:

I'll leave out the reason for this, for the time being. I want it to be a surprise, especially should it not work, lol, wanna cover my bases XD.

Next up, I was recently able to make it to storage and got out a few older motherboards that I'd set aside for practicing my soldering and de-soldering. These were the perfect candidates for the USB port pin donations

Here's the stack of boards:

Here is the first pic of the pin location, post-de-soldering:

And here's the second pic, different angle:

The pins I needed:

I'll be posting another update shortly, of what came for me via UPS yesterday, stay tuned!

Banned

Ok, so around noon on Tuesday, the 29th, I got a knock on the door. I almost always get a little excited when I hear this particular knock, lol, as this particular UPS driver doesn't like to just set things down in the rain, so I knew who it was. Most others just drop n run, lol, friggin' ninjas XD. Anyway, here are the pics of what was in the package, I'm still all giddy with excitement!

Here's the box in my livingroom, not very small, lol, I almost spazzed when I felt the weight of it too!

Here's what was inside:

Yes, Shannon sent me both the set to be modded, as well as the ones for my prize, woot! Now I just gotta go for that awesome top prize spot and nab that money, lol!

Here's the Black Element mouse (sorry for the blurry pic, it was the best my lame-o camera would take, grr):

And the Challenger Ultimate keyboard:

The protective bag is also a carrying case, and has pockets on the inside, as well as a detachable strap (not shown):

Out of the bag:

Accessories:

That last pic is of the dummy keys, "gamer" keys and key-cap puller. Awesome Also, try as I might, I simply just couldn't get the lighting correct. I even tried to edit with GIMP, but not many improvements in colors. For the lights I was using, I'm surprised they emitted so much yellow, it's crazy. I'll be using different lighting when i take other pics now, I've learned my lesson

I think perhaps later on I'll maybe do a review of these bad boys, but for now, it's an after-thought, lol. Btw, these things are gorgeous! The keyboards are kinda heavy too, but that's ok, I hate my current keyboard's lack of weight, lol. It also tells me it's well constructed, which is obviously a good thing More coming soon, stay tuned! Also, if you're seeing the pics looking as if they're cut off, tell me, sometimes they do and sometimes not, so I need to know if they do, upon which I'll just post the links to the images and you can click them to view each on my Photobucket account, thanks

Sweet, now the fun begins.

Banned

Yep, last night I began and almost finished my portable painting booth, and will try to finish it tonight. Today, however, I took the opportunity to take some nice shots of sections of the keyboard, as well as better top and back pics, plus some nice pix of the mouse. Looking at the mouse up-close has peaked my curiosity about a few other things I won't mention quite yet, but let's just say it really made me go "Hmm... o.O???" lol

I'll be posting another update soon, as well as replace the pics in the last one with better ones, thanks for watching!

nice man cant wait till i see how it will look like

Banned

Well, I ran into something of use, but need some help with it if anyone's able to do so. I'd sure appreciate it a ton. The fans power with a set of 3 wires: R,Y,BK. The LED's, however, are powered by 4 wires: R,BK,BL,GN. Can anyone tell me what current runs to what wires? If you can, thanks. The line from the main circuit board, at the top, runs 5 wires to the lower LED section, but only 4 wires are used to power those LED's. If need-be, I'll post up pics, thanks. I really need this info asap please and thanks again

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information