Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars Old Republic Mods Complete!

Star Wars Old Republic Mods Complete!

With the Borderlands case pretty much complete, I could focus more on the Star Wars cases this weekend. I should be getting the airbrushed panels back from Steve this week, and I'm hoping to have everything ready to go on the cases by then. So I got the Sith mask made, as well as some work done on the front logos.

Making the frame, I started with the base and center spine.

Then added the ribs.

Filled the cavities with expandable foam.

While that was setting up, I started building the air inlets and other accoutrements.

After the foam cured, I shaved it down to the shape I wanted and glued the inlets on. For the red lights, I added two acrylic tubes with trim rings that will be lit from behind.

Mixed more epoxy putty up, then rolled it out to 1/4" thickness.

I took some time applying the putty, adding details and lines. Once cured, I'll go back and smooth things out. Then it will be ready for paint.

Got some lighting behind the front Jedi logo...

Using a 12" blue led strip underneath the outer ring. I added an 1/8" styrene stick around the edge for the led strip.

I removed the black mesh to show the white hex pattern below it, which fits the theme better. However, the logo is hard to see over it.

So I added a white circle cut from styrene sheet to give it a solid background.

Testing the lights. The led strip is so bright, it was bleeding through the 1/8" acrylic (!) so I painted the bottom.

Looks good to me! Time to glue everything down.

Also got word from Steve Nunez that the case panels are done and being sent back this week! I should have them by Friday. Can't wait to check them out!

Less than a week to go, and still got a lot of work to do on these cases. I got all the airbrushed panels back from Steve, so I went straight to work assembling them. They look amazing!

Here's a shot of the Jedi mural on the case.

And now with the light saber in place.

And here's the Sith mural with light saber. Steve painted the background light sabers with a luminescent red by House of Kolor, so they pop out a lot more.

I also got some work done on the front of the Jedi case, mounting the crystal and wiring the lights.

I've got some black cloth behind the crystal so you can't see through to the inside.

And finally an overall shot. Coming together!

I really gotta get going on the masks next. They are taking the longest to complete. I still have to clean them up and get them painted, then mounted to the panel.

very interest 2 mod in the same time awesome job bro

very interest 2 mod in the same time awesome job bro
    Thanks Mo. Actually its three cases: These two plus the Borderlands 2 mod. :wink:

Cases have been shipped off to Tt this morning! I was scrambling to get them all done by today's deadline, so I couldn't stop and take pics, but there was mostly just small details and painting to take care of anyway. I did manage to snap a couple final shots before boxing them up so here ya go!

Here are some closer up shots of the masks I made for the window panel.

And here's a shot of all three cases together...

I didn't have time to get PSU's in and power them up, so we'll have to wait until Thermaltake sets them up at their booth at Computex to see how they look all lit up. I'll post those pics when I get them (or find them online somewhere).

Here are some shots of the cases on display at Computex:

8)

Here are a few more shots at Computex that I gathered from FB:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information