Thread: Gigabyte 30th Anniversary Mod Challenge -- ÁPEIRO --

Threaded View

Gigabyte 30th Anniversary Mod Challenge -- ÁPEIRO --

When I first saw the posting for the Gigabyte 30th Anniversary Liquid Cooling Mod Challenge I didn't know if I would have the requisite skills to compete effectively. After careful consideration and hours of thinking through many possible themes, I have decided to throw my hat into the arena and give this a shot.

After looking throughout the Gigabyte site for theme inspiration, I saw the 30th anniversary logo and an idea was born.

My project will be called "ÁPEIRO", which is Greek for 'Infinity'. The sponsors of this contest manufacture hardware that allows anyone to build an infinite array of PC designs. The designs are limited only by the imagination of the builder. So what better way to express this concept than one with a theme of 'Infinity'. I used Google Translate to look at all the possible translations for this word and the Greek version sounded simple and yet elegant.

The case I will be using for this build will be the Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower. I did a previous mod build with this case and absolutely loved the versatility and craftsmanship provided. Unlike the previous mod, this one will be quite different. The interior will be gutted with the drive and 5.25" bays removed. I will fabricate a custom backplate with an integrated liquid reservoir and a custom midplate with RGB lighting. The video cards will be mounted vertically to the midplate.

The whole front panel assembly will be removed and replaced with a custom infinity mirror assembly to match the theme. The top panel assembly and lower side panels will also be replaced with custom vent covers with the 30th Anniversary logo.

The liquid cooling will be accomplished with vinyl tubing.

The color scheme is looking to be Blue and Black. All wiring will be sleeved with Telios material to match the theme colors.

Many of the concepts in this build will be a first for me and I look forward to the challenges that they will present.

I am still working on making illustrations that will show my design, but in the meantime, here is an unmodified 900D.

Name:  900d_hero_empty.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  19.7 KB
    Last edited by NavyChief; 11-30-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Thread Information