"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen."

And such was my beginning into one of the most fabled and addicting games I had ever known. Spanning 2 additional sequels, Diablo set my imagination alight and brought many adventures to life!

Through all of the chaos, all of the warnings, through the dire times when all seemed bleak... Deckard Cain and all of his knowledge was always there to advise and direct. His tome though... that massive binder of all things heaven and hell, was the key. I've been thinking about this mod for years... how could I build the Book of Cain? There weren't very many good and detailed pictures of it.
Then, Diablo 3 arrived... and with it, was a Blizzard creation of the Book of Cain! An actual hard back, for purchase!
Name:  e8e75e5247ca7cdc2ba6aee25d37b42e.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  Page1.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  23.9 KB

Oh, and lets not forget that the book is shown in nicely rendered detail in the cutscene at the funeral pyre!!

Name:  Screenshot020.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  15.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot022.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  14.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot024.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  11.9 KB

All of this totally set my mind ablaze! The book, the size!!!! Then the hardback which follows many of the rendered style and design queues!!! I now had my blueprint. Now.... how to build it???

I've had it in my mind, but that dosent transfer well to a work log, so I sketched it out on paper, scanned it, and will post it up here.
Name:  book1.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  26.1 KB

Essentially, the book will be constructed and framed from various thicknesses of wood panel. The left side of the book will have a monitor buried inside the left cover, the monitor will actually be covered with light weight paper so that an active image will show through. It will be the Diablo3 logo playing in a loop. The idea is to make it look like the paper has a magical energy permeating the pages, so much so that the logo is apparently "burning without burning" on the page. The other side (right side) of the book will house the system board, processor, memory, SSD drives and power supply. The sides will be covered in layered paper to give the look of a massive volume of ancient writings, bound together.

Name:  book3.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  22.8 KB

All of the outer book designs, from the rear symbol, to the corner embellishments, to the rear binding reinforced with hinges, all have a place in the mod, and will be designed out to be cosmetic and partially functional.

Name:  book2.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  24.9 KB

The great thing about this monitor is that it is one cable. Power and signal over USB3. It is slender, and the screen is responsive enough to pull off the animation.

Name:  book4.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  23.6 KB

I have never done a scratch build before.... but I am so looking forward to this build.

So.... "Stay awhile... and listen..."