Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Industrial Switchboard

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

well well well good thing im awake all hours woot gotta see this update this pc/phone/thingy is going to be amzing when it is done cant wait to see this liek all your other proects.....amazing!!

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Thanks razer121 for your comment. Glad your liking my project and I can count on you to keep an eye open for my updates. Happy Modding to ya.

Industrial Switchboard

Can't wait

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

ha ha yea i will defo keep my eye on this one and te others i luv ur work em3 its just amazing

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Today's update is for the installation of the handset cradle. First thing I needed was a bracket to mount the plunger setup that will hang up the phone when the handset is placed into the cradle. I had to make the bracket and I started with a old CB radio bracket. Here is a pic of the bracket that I used.

Next thing I did was to drill another hole in the end of the radio bracket. I will be using the one hole that is already in the end. This second hole will match the mounting setup of the plunger unit. Here is a pic of the hole that I drilled while wearing eye protection at all times.

Now that I have the holes for mounting the plunger, I now needed away to mount this to the inside wall of SB and to be adjustable also. With the radio bracket there are slots for mounting the radio under the dash of a automobile, they will be used for adjusting the plunger. Now I used my jig saw with a metal cutting blade and eye protection to cut what I wanted off of the radio bracket. Here is a pic of the piece that I will be using and also a pic with the plunger unit bolted on the bracket.

Now with that done, I needed something to bring the cradle up from the area the handset will be. With the base of the phone there is a molded area which brings the cradle up over the dial area so the handset won't be in the way of the dial and also to keep it off of the table or whatever the phone is sitting on. So I cut this part off of the base of the phone. This piece had a purple plug in the bottom to keep the 2 holes aligned so that the cradle will stay straight in the upright position. This purple plug was still with the base of the phone when I cut the tower section off. I needed the purple plug to have a way of mounting the tower piece to the top of SB. So again I had to do some cutting with my coping saw. Now with the tower piece and the plug all cut out I now find that the plug is to big to go into the base of the tower piece, so I had to cut it down to size and file it a round as possible to go into the base of the tower piece. Once I had that part done I needed the plug to be glued into the base of the tower piece. Here is a pic of that purple plug in the bottom of the tower piece.

After the plug had dried I then drilled a small hole beside the hole in the purple plug. This hole is for the mounting screw that will mount the tower piece to the top of the Switchboard. Next was to mount the plunger unit and mark the area where the plunger meets the top board of SB. Once I had that marked off comes the plunger unit and I drilled the hole from the bottom where the mark was and then once that hole was drilled I also drilled another hole beside it in the same location of the holes in the purple plug. Here are some pics of those pieces that I just told you about.

Now that those pieces are together I now needed to adjust the plunger unit to the cradle unit as it comes thru the top. Here are some pics of that.
    ://m1.freeshare.us/129fs4130228_th.jpg" alt="" />
    That is with the handset in the cradle.

That is with the handset out of the cradle. With that done I then mounted the main workings of the phone to the side panel of SB. Once the main electronics panel is mounted then I hooked up the wires from the dial back to where I removed them. Here are some more pics with the pieces all mounted.

Now I have to get the wiring of the handset into the bowels of SB to get it plugged into the handset plug but that is another update, so until then any and all ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

woot! starting to get there with the phone i see em3, tidy stuff can we get some full frontal shots and stuff??? i wana see how the whole thing is starting to look

Industrial Switchboard

Looks cool alright

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

This is a small update which is mainly for razer121 which asked for a frontal pic of the Switchboard. This mornings work was to help dress the very top board which isn't the same as the rest of the unit. This change that you will see is the only thing that I have done today. My hands are swollen and hurting more than usual. All of my updates so far have been internal and not much has been for the outside portion. This morning was the work on the top board and then the feeding of the handset cable thru the front so that it can plug into the system. That is all that's been done today. So here are the pics that I have for you.

There you have it for today. I will be getting started on the installation of the network as soon as I can get my parts. So until then, all ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

the pics wont load!!! THE PICS WONT LOAD!!!! need pics "breaths for a sec"
    can you sort the pictures out please em3 i cant see them

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Okay, try it now, I put a space between each one for ya. Let me know if that helped you any. Happy Modding to ya.

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information