Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Industrial Switchboard

Industrial Switchboard

Nice!

btw, what are you gonna use it for? Home phone centrale? :P

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Thanks for the comments razer121 and Dex. I'm not sure what I will do with it but what has come into my thoughts is for using it to manage my home network. Incorporating my router and switch and things like that. So that way the plugs that are shown in the pics could be used as hookups for the computers in the house. Just a thought at this time.

Industrial Switchboard

Now, when you'll make the server, you can start your own home business lol :P

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Sure, I can see it now.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Today's update is going to be a short one, it will contain just 2 pics for you. I started with finding a box large enough to cut apart so that I could draw out my template for the side pieces, so as you guessed, the pics are of my drawing for the sides of the switchboard and the material that I will be using. So I'll stop with the suspense and show you the pics.

The lumber is plywood with a Mahogany veneer on both sides and there are 2 sheets of it. The best part of it is that they were given to me by a friend that was using them as spacers in his Semi-trailer for separating loads. He had used them once, so they are in excellent shape and with a little sanding, staining and putting on a nice finish, it should turn out just beautimus. So this is all that I have today and I'll work on it some more tomorrow, so until then any and all ideas and comments are welcomed. Happy Modding to ya.

Industrial Switchboard

niiiice, wood like that is hard to find... big pieces for free anyway

this will look great, vintage crossed with modern technology

Industrial Switchboard

Should look awsum when its done em3bilko

Been thinking about doing a wood case, I'll have to wait till it warms up though to #@%$ cold out there lol

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Thanks for the comments KainMan and -PC-. I'm at the point where the weather isn't to much of a problem yet, it too is cold here. It was 28 degrees F. with snow on the ground when I got up this morning. Went to bed with no snow but was cold. It has warmed up a little because it's now 32 degrees. Burr. This is the first time in the past 16 months living here in Tenn. that I've seen the snow stay on the ground. It's been strange weather this yr. This month's work on the Switchboard will be slow due to a trip to TX for a reunion in the Dallas area and I'll be leaving on the 14th and won't be back for a week at least. Hoping to make contact with Tech-Daddy if possible. Until the next time, Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Today's update is to show you my basic cutout for the 2 side pieces. I got my sawhorse's, jigsaw, template, safety goggles, pencil, clamps, tape measure and straight edge out to transfer the template onto the wood. First I cut the plywood sheet in half and then cut the half in half. Put the first half away and then placed the template in the center of one of the quarters. I traced the template onto the wood and then added an inch and a half to the width and height of it. When I made the template I had traced around the frames that I would be using but at that time I didn't know the thickness of my plywood and so I added the extra to compensate for the thickness of my plywood and a little extra. This way the frames that will be holding the computer parts will be secured to the bottom of the unit but will give me the room to route any wiring around the frames if need be. Once I had the measurements and drawn out I clamped the 2 quarters together so that I could cut both at the same time with the jigsaw. There are a couple of pics showing my tape measure on the cutouts giving you an idea of the size of this project. So on with the pics.

The height will be a little taller than what is shown due to the rollers that I will be putting on to make it easily movable. So until next time all ideas and comments are welcomed and Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

oooooooooooo i cannot wait to see this baby finshed nice work em3!

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information