Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Industrial Switchboard

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Thanks for the comment razer121. I too think it's going to look good and functional at the same time. Happy Modding to ya.

Industrial Switchboard

wow man u are doing awesome gets me excited to get my case done!

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Thanks mad-mk1 and I hope you do get your case done. I'm waiting patiently as possible. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Have a few pics to show you. I have been cutting out some of the sections for this project. The back panel, top front panel and the very front of the table portion has been cut out roughly. Still will have to cut them closer to the scribe line. I have started cutting to the scribe line on the side panels. I'm using a router with a straight bit for this part. Using the router does require a few things, goggles, some overalls would be nice to help with the flying debris but not necessary and this is very important, ear protection. I'm using a hearing aid because when I started in the work force in the 60's and 70's ear protection wasn't provided and I never thought about it. Now I found myself asking my wife to repeat what she was saying to me to often because I couldn't hear her, so please wear hearing protection when using power tools. So hear are the photos of what I have cut out and the trimming to the scribe line.

The back panel.

The top panel on the front.

The front of the table area.

I'm trimming back to the scribe line with the router.

Starting to make the curve.
    This is all for the day and I'm starting to wear out and it's time for meds and to take a break. All ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Today's update is to show you how the switchboard is basically going to look, because I finished getting the side panels cut to the cutout line. So I've taken the side panels and propped them beside the rear panel to give you the basic size and shape of things to come. I also put in a pc frame beside it to give you something to gauge by for the size of it. The temps here haven't been out of the 30's this whole week, so working in the garage is for short periods of time. So here are the pics of how it's coming along.

There you have it. There is also a saw horse beside it to compare the size also. There are to be 2 pc frames attached on top of each other to house all of the parts which at this time will include water cooling for the unit. My main exhaust fan is going to be a AC powered 120mm fan. It moves quite a bit of air and the noise from it is quite low. All ideas and comments are welcomed and Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

now thats coming along nicly isnt it? i like what your doing with this nice work em3!

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Thanks razer121, glad you're liking how it's coming along. Come Wednesday I'll be on the road to Texas and then the updates will be on hold until I get back, but I'll be working up to that point. Happy Modding to ya.

Industrial Switchboard

Cool looks like your moving right along em3bilko...

Industrial Switchboard

Thats going to be neat when you get done em3bilko. Can't wait to see more.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

oh!!! you cant leave us lol sorry to be nosey just really want to see this finshed but how long will u be in texas for?? soz relly wana see this finshed

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information