Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Industrial Switchboard

Industrial Switchboard

How's the electric bill?

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

This summer wasn't to bad, in fact last month's was the cheapest since living in this house now for 14 months. Can't complain so far. We do make sure they are all off during the night with the exception of Black & Blue which is doing the Folding@Home program, and the monitor is off for it during the night.

Industrial Switchboard

Looking good so far em3bilko

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

There has been some changes due to a addition in the family of computer cases. I received from my son his old Gateway case which has a frame that is much closer in size to the frame that was sitting on the bottom of the two that I had joined together. Here is a pic of the new addition.

He had already tried his hand at painting the case. I don't think he was happy with the outcome of it. Also this case will only fit mATX boards. Also it's a ATX frame where the other was a AT. This Gateway case does have some good features to it, such at the opening of the side panel is a squeeze of two protrusions on the back of the case.

When squeezed the side panel opens for you.

The frame of the Gateway is also the same length of the bottom frame along with the face being flush with the lower frame where the other one was recessed by about an 1/8 of a inch.

The Gateway also has tool less PCI card removal/install setup but that will be removed and paneled over when the wc system goes in. This panel should be an easy install because the rear of the case is fairly flat.

I have also been piecing together a computer to put into Red Lantern when it's parts going this Industrial wc case. Industrial will be for gaming and RL will be for Internet use and then Black & Blue will go to the shop for programming my train decoders. These parts are being fitted into the lower frame for the moment. So here are a few shots of it. The specs of this system is as follows.
    Motherboard - Asus A7M266
    CPU - AMD Athlon 2200XP
    Memory - Kingston Ram 512mg DDR PC2100
    HDD - Maxtor 40gig
    Graphics - PNY GeForce3 Ti200
    Sound - onboard
    CDRW - Optirite 52x32x52
    Floppy - due to some programs for my trains still come on floppy.
    Firewire, USB, Wireless G,
    While putting in the parts I have tried to keep my wire management under control at all times. Hope you approve of my wm. Like I have said, all parts are what is laying around the house and some are old such as the IDE cables. So here are the pics.

When this wc system is complete then this will be the time that all cases will be changed over. All ideas and comments are welcomed and Happy Modding to ya. :idea:

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Just a quick note to tell you that this posting is being done on the above thrown together pc with the wireless g setup. So it does work. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Today I ordered a LCD for this wc computer, from the company that I posted about in Steals and Deals section. Here is link for it.
    http://character-lcd-lcds.shopeio.com/inventory/details.asp?id=1139&cat=Lcds&sub=Character%20Lcd
    WinAmp has a plug-in and lcdSmartie can also be used with this LCD by way of the Printer port. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Today after I got the computer reformated and reinstalled XP, I did some research on this computer future identity. I going to turn it into a small telephone switchboard. As a kid my mother was a switchboard operator at a local hospital and sometimes I would go to work with her for the graveyard shift. Being that there are two frames stacked it gave me the inspiration of the switchboard. Here are some pics that I will be using to take this modern communication machine and turn it into a old school communication machine.

Just remember that mine won't be full scale but I will try to make it look like one in miniature. So any comments and ideas are welcomed and Happy Modding to ya.

Industrial Switchboard

oh my god this will look great... i might be using old radio parts for the front of my custom case good work man this looks like good work

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

Thanks for the comment KainMan, this one will take awhile but I think I can do it if I take my time and don't get into a rush. So until the next posting Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Industrial Switchboard

wow.....i remember keeping my eye on ur breadbox computer! now you have anouther for me to! i do admit you ave talent and put in so much into your work em3! very proud to know such a modder! keep up the tidy work im liking the ideas!

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information