Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Dallas Stars Foundation

Project : Dallas Stars Foundation

wow gratz

u got any 3d mark results yet? :P

Master Modder

Glad to hear that they are going to honor the warranty. I've heard some people do get the warranty due to the fact that the processor wasn't installed by a professional. I'm happy for ya. Happy Modding to ya.

Good to here it's finally booting up tech-daddy now you can do some testing and playing on it.

The beast roars.

OS installed, I'm updating drivers, burn in, then I'm going to benchmark single card, then SLI!

Oh yeah... looks like 1and1 finally managed to fix my web site.
    :

Master Modder

They have and I've seen the pics. Looking good I must say. You have a talent in your hands, some people are blessed with brains and some with working with their hands, I been told I have the hands part but I feel it takes some brains to get those hands to work, so you must have both, since you come up with these fantastic ideas and then put them to use. What talent. Happy Modding to ya.

They have and I've seen the pics. Looking good I must say. You have a talent in your hands, some people are blessed with brains and some with working with their hands, I been told I have the hands part but I feel it takes some brains to get those hands to work, so you must have both, since you come up with these fantastic ideas and then put them to use. What talent. Happy Modding to ya.
    Wow! Thank you sir!
    *blushes*

This weekend, I bit the bullet and finished the case stripping, and begun painting the case panels. I opted not to take the items to get powdercoated, instead choosing to control my own destiny! Contemplating a custom graphic... we'll see how well my decision works out...

I am however, using all the same brand from primer, through color, to clear coat. I started with Duplicolor Self Etching primer, then moved to universal black. had to do a bit of sanding on one of the pieces to remove a hair (those that know me likely are wondering where it came from... but I digress...) but I wrapped up the color coats last night. I'm now paying particularly close attention to temperature *and* humidity. I'm letting the items sit in the garage today, and plan on hitting Clear Coats on the majority of the pieces this afternoon when the temps are up a bit higher.

I also had notice from Hyperkore... my side panels are done! Weekend warriors that they are, the panels were completed and shipped out to me this weekend, and I should be seeing them later this week (this was also a catalyst for my moving and getting as much of the external facing paint work done). I cant wait to see the panels... after seeing what all Hyperkore shows on their website, I am very ancy to see the rsults of the artwork!!!

OS installed on the hardware, SLI tested. Defaults folks, no tweaking performed on the motherboard. was over 10k using P23 on the BIOS. I know there have been some performance tweaks needed to getting this motherboard up and properly configured for default running (my Crucial Ballistix memory has specific timings and voltage requirements, and the BIOS did not grab those SPD values properly... so if that simple config was not properly initialized, I wonder what else is not set properly), however I ran over 24 hours on Prime95 and it handled like a champ. I'm going to get the full version of 3DMark06 and loop it. I'll likely also put in a demo of Q4 and download the TimeDemo benchmarking tool, and make sure that all of the subsystems are chatting proeprly... but all looks good!

Lizard Tree has confirmed with me that the springs are on the way, so my beloved coils are are their way as well!

All in all... things are finally coming together. I still have one more mystery piece of component to try and wrangle... but with CES going on, I seriously doubt I am going to get through to these people... we'll see!!!

Pics up later tonight!

Master Modder

Super, glad to hear that it's running stable and performing quite well to boot. Can't wait to see the pics. Keep it up and Happy Modding to ya.

4 coats of Clear coat... I need to sand it down and cut down a couple dust flecks that screwed up the finish, then shoot another 2-3 layers and get that black all nice and glossy smooth! ... I promised the pics on Monday night... and I just have not had the time to edit them and get them posted up, apologies.

Today... I am dancing a jig, hence the reason that I *must* get pics up later tonight.... the windows arrived! And Hyperkore *KNOCKED* the ball out of the park!!!

A-S-T-O-U-N-D-I-N-G

I'm a bit concerned with my Stars logo, but I think that will be fine! They left me a lot of acrylic to play with so that I could remove what I needed to make the window fit properly... *big grin*

but the Turco/Modano picture etch is just beautiful!!!

THANK YOU HYPERKORE!!!!

wow just staggered by it all, and not (no offence) by all the cool parts and the computer itself but the pure kindness so inherent in this, from what I've seen, I know those kids are very lucky to have someone as willing to help as you are, working with special needs children myself and building computers with them is something they enjoy and learn, and I'm keeping them up to date with the goings on of your modding as there all very interested, heck you've even inspired a few ideas from them some of them already started scribbling lil things on paper .....

your influencing and supporting the next generation(even across the pond here :P), to you I bow .. truly deserved and respected title of tech-daddy

p.s. heck I might even do a lil bit of Modding with them with some of the p.c's we build with them .. ill try and keep a log of som sort

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information