Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Dallas Stars Foundation

Project : Dallas Stars Foundation

sni9er-
    Wow. Thank you for the highly complimentary post! I do what I do, because I want to. Not saying this to have a badge of honor or anything, just to let you know that special needs children are near and dear to my heart. My son is Autistic, Asperger's Syndrome. He *loves* computers... Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for taking your time and helping chidren with special needs... very honorable thing you are doing there.

*UPDATE TIME!!!!*

Mmmmmm.... all lit up, fully POST'ed (note the FF on the post code, lower right). Also, the blue fan on the CPU HSF unit, as well as the red/green LED's on the top of the Ballistix units... as well as the lower "ground effect" blue LED's on the bottom of the DIMM's facing into the sockets... really cool effect!

Applied self etching primer on the aluminium pieces:

and laid down the first layer of black paint:

then the second:

I let that sit for a few hours... then I hit it with a clear coat... main issue being that the nozel on this can was too fine a mist, and it kinda botched the initial application:

2nd coat:

3rd coat (then wait 48 hours):

part 2 coming right up....

I need to sand down the Clear Coats and get the absolute smoothness that black deserves....

But until then... here are my window etches!

On the etch wth turco and modano, I am planning on sidelighting with LED's to bring out the images.
    Yummy!

oo looks good I'm not usually into sports orientated things other than martial arts but that look rather cool cant wait to see how it turns out

p.s. its funny you should mention Aspergeas syndrome as most of the kids in one of the groups i PC build with with are of such, sometimes wish I was that smart at that age but heck thanks for the complement tech-daddy

looks rocking

That is awesome work. The etchings look really good. I foresee another masterpiece coming together

Coming along nicely tech-daddy
    Not sure where hockey fits in but i'm sure you do lol..

Coming along nicely tech-daddy
    Not sure where hockey fits in but i'm sure you do lol..
    Ok.. I'lll be gentle here...
    The case is for the Dallas Stars, the NHL Hockey team. I was asked to do one based off of Mike Modano and Marty Turco....

either you are being hopelessly sarcastic, and I'm just too tired to know it...
    or you really missed the fact that this case was for the Dallas Stars Hockey team... and you honestly did not know "why" I had hockey players in it...

Sorry.. I got lost someplace was thinking it was like a kids fund or something.
    I'm not into sports at all so the name (Dallas Stars) really doesn't mean anything to me, Ive never heard of them. And until the etching I hadn't seen the first thing about hockey in here anyplace.

Anyhow there helping the kids and thats what its about anyhow.

Sorry.. I got lost someplace was thinking it was like a kids fund or something.
    I'm not into sports at all so the name (Dallas Stars) really doesn't mean anything to me, Ive never heard of them. And until the etching I hadn't seen the first thing about hockey in here anyplace.

Anyhow there helping the kids and thats what its about anyhow.
    Ok... gotcha!

The Dallas Stars have a charitable action arm of their group, called the Dallas Stars Foundation. I am building this machine for them, to be auctioned off at their charity auction in March, for the 100% benefit of the Dallas Stars Foundation.. and thusly for their kids.

Hopefully that pulls the whole enchilada together for you!

tech-daddy... AWESOME!!

I'm not into sports either, but I've at least played NHL 2000 or something so I know the team a bit (name lol)

Dex

Yep it all makes sense tech-daddy

This is just a guess but would say 25% or more people reading this had no clue they where a hockey team.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information