Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tribal Server

Master Modder

Tribal Server

I too love a good DRAGON and I must say you did a fine job on the cutting. Frosting the plexi just might bring out the body of the dragon when it's lit from the edge with a LED. Even if you etch the dragon skin onto the plexi the LED edge light will really shine thru the etching. Happy Modding to ya.

Tribal Server

i think i'm going to add onto the dragon tomorrow, one mroe vertical line to give his body some bulk. then the rest of the day is dedicated to touchup work

Tribal Server

well i had hoped to wait until i got the red cathodes in the mail to really show it off, but i need to tune up this mod. I had oritionally used epoxy to hold the plexi to the metal, i even got one that specificly said it worked with metal and plastic.. so what happens? the thing falls off in the middle of the day, great stuff...

So i'm going to continue the worklog up till the point that it fell off and then finish it when i re-affix it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    So before i get going, i want to show you guys some of the biproduct that this has produced incase any of you decide to take up the same project.

and now we can see why wearing a mask is definatly a good idea.

So back to the log, i decided to fill out the body a bit more, i added a top portion to the body as well as a line of filler. the individual body segmets were to small for my dremel to take on. This pic is alfo after some preliminary work on smoothing out the cuts.

Next i gave it 2 good coats of paint to fill in all the lines along the cutting, i didn't want any bear metal to show.

And heres some finished off pictures.

------------------------------------------------------------

So like i said the epoxy didn't hold. I wanted an alternative to drilling holes in the case, but now it looks like thats my only option. I'm thinking about ribbiting in just because i'm tired of screws, but i dont know yet. tomorrow i'll pick an option and just put it on.

Then in a couple of days i should get my red cathodes in the mail and get some real good action shots.

Master Modder

Tribal Server

That is one sweet looking DRAGON. I like it. Not to much but not to little either, I think you did a fantastic job of it. Rock On and Happy Modding to ya.

Tribal Server

Just got it all finished up today, so everyone tell me whatcha think with the new lighting. I'm still playing with some lighting positions better then this but this is something nice to give yo ua feel for what I have going here, and i gotta say, these pictures really dont give it the credit it deserves

enjoy..

Master Modder

Tribal Server

Starting to look good. I think the red is going to look great for the dragon but like you said it still needs some tweaking to get the lighting just right. Happy Modding to ya.

Tribal Server

What about EL wire going around the edge?

Tribal Server

hmm looks great never seen an idea like that before, you could try and get a nice even glow by maybe giving the acrylic a matte finish with some wire wool obviously you'd loose visual inside the case but your get a cool defused lighting effect

just an idea out into the fray

Tribal Server

hmm what about if you hide the lights? so only the diffuse will be seen if you get it what I mean (yes, my english = poor :P)

Tribal Server

i've gottan a moe even glow by doing that. like the post said it was a more preliminary pic and i was still finding a better placing for the lights. i ended up setting them deepin gin the case and it's lookin great now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information