Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xblade Project worklog.....

Master Modder

Xblade Project worklog.....

sorry about thia the link didnt work but heres the pic to look at anyways...

Master Modder

Thank you for the quick reply. Those temp things can't go into the second slot and still work? Maybe a little modding of the temp things, by you, would allow them to be placed into the second slot. I don't know but maybe it's worth a try. Happy Modding to ya.

Where did you get the X-blade case at?? I have put together over 20 of them and have never seen one that looked like this...?

"now the empty xblade case... " ?

They have a removable drive cage going right to left and a single 120mm fan in the back.. Am I just reading this work log wrong?

I love the X-Blade it was one of the first "smart" case designs in it's time.. IMO
    This is one of the one's I built, and changed out the blue LED's on..

Master Modder

ah ah you see, the one i have is the first editon i got it ages ago when the case first ever came out, it should of cost me £145 but instead only cost me £45 so i was lucky when i picked it up, also this case's is made out of a different matrial to the new ones as i to have had one of the newer style xblade case with the 120mm fan in the back, anyhow i found that not only did it have weaker metal but also was badly built compared to the one i have, n also just to answer ur qeustion i got it from a computer fair

Master Modder

well....guess what...update! lol anyhow heres the finshed dvd drive (without the drive chasis inside though thats being spray painted black atm,

so yea that looks nice but this little item here is going above it,

yep thats the temp drive so ive decided wel...seems as i cant change its placement why not just cut a big hole in it? yep i did start to.....but this then happend

my dremels exstention arm decided it was going to melt and snap clean of...as you can guess that was some scary stuff as i couldnt get to the dremel to switch it of as the metal wire was spining around at top speed yes you heard right TOP speed...anyhow i was lucky i had eye protection on as te wire hit my eyewear and then hit my elbo luckly no damage was done to me or my project but my dremels arm...well that is no more so no more updates for a while people soz about that although if i get the arm replaced tomoz exspect an update but no promise people!

Wow dang
    At least you were protected, if that thing hit your eyes.. it wouldn't be nice
    Sorry bout the dremel tho :-/

well, better luck next time, eh?

I love the extention arm on dremel's and have had this happen a few times, if you ask me they arent made properly half of the time and can only handle little to no bending.

I suggest contacting dremel and asking for a replacement and make sure to show them that picture. They should replace it, also if your eye protection was damaged show them that and say they are lucky you are smart enought to use eye protection. XD

That is savage, i bet your glad you was wearin protection, as i learnt i got some really hot plastic fly into my eye when i was using my dremmel at full speed and i wasnt wearing protection, but i was lucky enough to close my eye first so i ended up with a burn on my eye lid and below my eye, Was very painfull so people take note of that.

Always wear protection!

Well if ya need to use another extension pop up to mine n do what ya need to up here, obviously i cant lend you it because i need it to..... but ur welcome to use it anytime ya need it!!!

Anyway good job so far!!

@ Happy Mad Modding To All People Out There!

poster child for protection, good work bro!

I am not sure a about Dremels construction method on their flexi-shafts... but I have a craftsman rotary tool, and have been using the same shaft for the last few years without issue.

One thing that may help you is to get some sort of a hanger. Craftsman makes one that you can clamp on the side of your workbench, and suspend your rotary tool properly for use of the flexi shaft.

If you are flexing the shaft too much to perform your work, then yeah... it's gonna shred and break.

Glad you are safe and no injuries to report, keep up the excellent work!

Master Modder

i see, well im going to the shop i bought the dremel from and im going to be requesting it replaced before i do take further action as i have not owned this dremel for very long, and well i need that arm lol im usless without it as i do so much detail work and not straight forward cutting, and by the way people i forgot to post the pictures of my eye protection, so here they are

you might not be able to see very well but i tell you what i did feel it when i got the punch but defo lucky i had eye protection
    nothing like looking like an idiot but to be honest, i would prefer to look an idiot and keep my eyes so this gos to all novices, if you do not have eye protection invest in some now or be sorry

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information