Storage expert Kingston Technologies has announced a new line of FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Encrypted DataTraveler USB flash drives. The DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 and DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 Management Ready drives are USB 3.0 devices with a five-year warranty and features high-end FIPS validated security, which means that all of the data stored in the drives are protected by hardware-based 256-bit AES in XTS mode. Drive sizes range from 4GB through 64GB capacities with up to 250MB/s read and 85MB/s write performance. For more information, check out the official press release below:
Kingston Digital Releases FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Encrypted USB Flash Drive with Management Ready Option
Fountain Valley, CA – February 3, 2015 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced a pair of next-generation encrypted USB Flash drives designed to safeguard an organization’s valuable data. The DataTraveler® 4000 Gen. 2 and DataTraveler 4000 Gen. 2 Management Ready protect sensitive information with high-level encryption.
DataTraveler 4000 G2 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified so it provides a tamper-evident seal for physical security to detect and respond to attempts to access, use or modify the cryptographic module. Data is protected by hardware-based 256-bit AES encryption in XTS mode and the drive casing is made of titanium coated stainless steel. The drive is designed to reduce the possibility of successful brute force attacks as it locks down and reformats after 10 failed password attempts.
DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready features the same security and features as DataTraveler 4000 G2 but also offers optional SafeConsole®* management from BlockMaster®. SafeConsole gives organizations powerful tools including the ability to remotely reset passwords, configure password and device policies and activate audit for compliance. DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready gives companies the flexibility to initially deploy the drive as a stand-alone, secure device, and then have the option of adding a central management solution later.
Both drives offer USB 3.0 data transfer rates and are available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. DataTraveler 4000 G2 and DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready utilize industry-leading NAND and controller design that allows the NAND to be interchanged without requalification and certification. This allows enterprise companies to add the drives to their standards list with confidence.
DataTraveler 4000 G2 and DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready are backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
DataTraveler 4000 G2 & DT4000 G2 Management Ready Features & Specifications:
- High-end FIPS Validated Security: 100-percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in XTS mode
- Tamper-Evident seal: physical security to detect and respond to attempts at physical access, use or modification of the cryptographic module
- USB 3.0.: latest USB standard guarantees backwards compatibility with USB 2.0
- Read-Only Access Mode: when selected, access files in Read-only Mode to avoid potential Malware risks
- Enforced password protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
- Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
- Easy to use: no admin rights or application installation required
- Customizable: preload content, password length, maximum number of password attempts and internal/external serialization numbering
- Co-logo available
- Ruggedized: titanium-coated stainless steel casing
- Waterproof1: protected against water damage
- TAA Compliant
- Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free technical support
- Dimensions: 3.00″ x 0.9″ x 0.47″ (77.9mm x 22mm x 12.05mm)
- Capacities3: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
- Two (2) free drive letters required for use4
- 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB & 16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
- 32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
- 64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
- 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
- 8GB–64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
* SafeConsole Secure USB Management Server Version 4.8+
1 Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX 8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
2 Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
3 Please note: Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide
4 First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
|DataTraveler 4000 G2 and DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready|
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|DT4000G2/4GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 4GB USB Flash Drive|
|DT4000G2/8GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 8GB USB Flash Drive|
|DT4000G2/16GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 16GB USB Flash Drive|
|DT4000G2/32GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 32GB USB Flash Drive|
|DT4000G2/64GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 64GB USB Flash Drive|
|DT4000G2M-R/4GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready 4GB|
|DT4000G2M-R/8GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready 8GB|
|DT4000G2M-R/16GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready 16GB|
|DT4000G2M-R/32GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready 32GB|
|DT4000G2M-R/64GB||DataTraveler 4000 G2 Management Ready 64GB|
|Operating System||DT4000 G2||DT4000 G2 M-R|
|Windows® 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1), Vista® (SP2)||Yes||Yes|
|Windows 8.1 RT, 8 RT||No||No|
|Mac OS X v.10.6 – 10.9||Yes|
|Linux v.2.6 +||Yes||No|
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit kingston.com