We are going to be taking a look at some DDR3 modules today. Patriot sent us over a sample of their Extreme Performance Viper Series DDR3 PC3-12800 modules. These modules are designed to operate at 1600MHz with 8-8-8-24 timings. They are available in either 3GB or 6GB kits and utilize Patriot’s ACC (Aluminum Copper Composite) heatsinks.
Sponsor: Patriot Memory
Once we have the Patriot modules removed from the packaging we can get a better view of the modules. The ACC heatsinks give the Patriot Viper modules a nice bold look while offering excellent cooling performance at the same time. The Viper modules will have no problems looking great in your PC Mod. Now that we have 6GB’s (3 x 2GB) of Extreme Performance memory sitting in front of us, I suppose we should get the basic features and specifications out of the way.
- Extreme Performance PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
- Low Latency (8-8-8-24)
- Equipped Patriot Viper Heat Shields with integrated ACC (Aluminum Copper Composite) technology
- 100% Tested and Verified
- Lifetime Warranty
- RoHS Compliant
- XMP Ready for Core?i7 Processors
- Tested and compatible with Intel? X58 Express Chipsets
- Speed – PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
- Memory Timings – 8-8-8-24
- Voltage Settings – 1.65V
Table of Contents -