Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed mounting the GPU in the vertical position.

Comment

Just found out that I will be out-of-town on Monday and Tuesday due to work! That is really going to hurt with the fast approaching deadline.

Comment

Finally made it back home!

Received some memory from Corsair recently! Two packs of their new 32GB (4x8GB) Vengeance LED units. That will give this build 64GB of 3000 MHz memory!

Here is a shot of all 8 sticks ready for installation.

Mounted and ready for power!! Can't wait to see those sticks lit up with the blue LEDs.

This is one item that every modder should have in their toolbox. Really helps with making holes for tubing.

With that, I was able to create a hole for the pass-through fitting.

Went with the EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM pump for this build. Beautiful item, but something must be done with those non-sleeved wires.

Only about 10 minutes and those wires are definitely looking better!

This afternoon I was able to start tinkering around with fittings and water flow possibilities. I really hate when fittings are placed so close to each other. The EK monoblocks are a dream to work with, but not available for this motherboard.

Created the Gigabyte 30th Anniversary logo with my Cameo Silhouette unit and placed it onto the reservoir window.

Comment

Got the tubing completed and the first round of leak testing started!

After about 15 minutes, not a single drop evident anywhere!! So far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyChief View Post
            Got the tubing completed and the first round of leak testing started!

After about 15 minutes, not a single drop evident anywhere!! So far so good.
            Always good news! Getting in the home stretch now. Getting hyped for the soon to come final pics!
            Modders Unite!
            Main Rig CPU:A10-5800k|Mobo:FM2-A75MA-E35|RAM:ADATA 2GB&PNY 8GB|HDD:Corsair force120|PSU:Corsair TX650W|GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX670|Corsair H60|Case:Thermaltake Shark|Win10
            File Server CPU:Phenom II X4 945 3.0Ghz|Mobo:Asus M5A88-V EVO|RAM:ADATA 6GB|HDD: WD3200&WD800&Hitachi Desktar160GB|PSU:Raidmax530W|Xigmatek Loki|Case:XCLIOA380BK|Ubuntu
            The Sheild CPU:Athlon II 220 2.8Ghz|Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H|RAM:CORSAIR XMS 2x2GB&SAMSUNG 2x4GB|HDD:WD600|PFSense2.3

Comment

Alright, I have all the wiring completed and the case has been buttoned up for now.

Tweaking the water color a bit and will need to get into BIOS to adjust the PWM fans. With 15 fans running at full speed, they are making quite a bit of noise.

The only way to change the RGB colors on the GPU appear to be with their drivers. Might have to load an OS on it to load the driver and change it.

The final product came out pretty much according to my submitted design.

I will be out of town Friday - Sunday evening, so I should be able to start taking some photos then. The contest rules stated that the deadline is November 14th (Monday) at midnight. That should give me plenty of time to clean it up and finish all the little things.

Comment

Alright, I have all the wiring completed and the case has been buttoned up for now.

Tweaking the water color a bit and will need to get into BIOS to adjust the PWM fans. With 15 fans running at full speed, they are making quite a bit of noise.

The only way to change the RGB colors on the GPU appear to be with their drivers. Might have to load an OS on it to load the driver and change it.

The final product came out pretty much according to my submitted design.

I will be out of town Friday - Sunday evening, so I should be able to start taking some photos then. The contest rules stated that the deadline is November 14th (Monday) at midnight. That should give me plenty of time to clean it up and finish all the little things.
                Sounds like it turned out great. I know I'm looking forward to seeing the final result!

In regards to the deadline, it's 11:59pm PST on Nov 15th. You have an extra day Quote below from Gigabyte's event page.

"Final Mod2Win submission deadline is November 15, 2016 11:59pm PST" -http://event.gigabyte.us/mod2win/#about
                Modders Unite!
                Main Rig CPU:A10-5800k|Mobo:FM2-A75MA-E35|RAM:ADATA 2GB&PNY 8GB|HDD:Corsair force120|PSU:Corsair TX650W|GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX670|Corsair H60|Case:Thermaltake Shark|Win10
                File Server CPU:Phenom II X4 945 3.0Ghz|Mobo:Asus M5A88-V EVO|RAM:ADATA 6GB|HDD: WD3200&WD800&Hitachi Desktar160GB|PSU:Raidmax530W|Xigmatek Loki|Case:XCLIOA380BK|Ubuntu
                The Sheild CPU:Athlon II 220 2.8Ghz|Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H|RAM:CORSAIR XMS 2x2GB&SAMSUNG 2x4GB|HDD:WD600|PFSense2.3

Comment

Originally posted by Jemin View Post
                  In regards to the deadline, it's 11:59pm PST on Nov 15th. You have an extra day Quote below from Gigabyte's event page.

"Final Mod2Win submission deadline is November 15, 2016 11:59pm PST" -http://event.gigabyte.us/mod2win/#about

The date specified in the rules is "Final Contest mod submission takes place on November 14th, 2016 (EOD)"

EOD is 'End of Day'.

Not really sure at this point, but it will still be done by Monday night!

Comment

Don't know if you need NVIDIA's drivers, but you do need GB's VGA Extreme Engine
                    Current Projects: The Gunslinger - CM Mastercase5, Crimson King - CM Mastercase5, Twelve-80 - scratch
                    Past Projects: Spark, F3, Shinai, Scout, Gigantea, Rehab

For more randomness, check out my tweets or my face page or my website!

Comment

Reminder for entrants with 3 days left for the competition (ends November 15, 2016. 11:59 PST), all worklogs must be updated up to the final build and all photos uploaded to the Gigabyte Mod2Win website in order to be considered for the final judgment. This is to match the entry submitted in the profile with the worklogs posted here.
                      crowTrobot
                      Administrator
                      Last edited by crowTrobot; 11-12-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crowTrobot View Post
                        Reminder for entrants with 2 days left for the competition, all worklogs must be updated up to the final build and all photos uploaded to the Gigabyte Mod2Win website in order to be considered for the final judgment.
                        Where do we submit the final photos on the Gigabyte Mod2Win website? I don't see anywhere to add final photos, only the initial concept photos.

Comment

Where do we submit the final photos on the Gigabyte Mod2Win website? I don't see anywhere to add final photos, only the initial concept photos.
                          That's what I uploaded mine under. And it was a pain. Had to drop the size to about a 500Kb to get 8 to upload.
                          Current Projects: The Gunslinger - CM Mastercase5, Crimson King - CM Mastercase5, Twelve-80 - scratch

Comment

It should be under modder profile.

Here was the info relayed to me by Gigabyte:
                            ------------------------
                            Modder Profile and worklogs must be completed to be considered for final selection.
                            Completing Your Worklog:
                            1. Post images and a description of your mod progress to the thread you created in the Modders Inc. forum under GIGABYTE 30th Anniversary Mod Challenge.
                            2. If you are entering with a completed or 'in progress' mod: ◦ You must be able to provide a full worklog from start to finish with images and a description.
                            ◦ Your mod must not have started earlier than June 1, 2015.
                            ◦ Your mod cannot be an entry from a previous GIGABYTE Mod Contest.

Completing your Modder Profile:
                            1. Requirements for mod submission: ◦ The title of your mod entry.
                            ◦ A description and concept of your mod entry.
                            ◦ At least five pictures of your final mod entry with external and internal aesthetics (preferably high resolution, jpg file format, maximum size 1MB).
                            ◦ At least one picture of your final entry with clearly recognizable GIGABYTE components (must be specified).
                            One picture of your final entry with a hand written time-stamp for verification.

2. Submitting your completed mod:
                            ◦ Press the Complete Profile button under your profile - Complete Profile page.
                            ◦ Once you complete your project, this will be considered your final submission and you will not be able to make further changes to your profile page.

Entries that do not satisfy all stated rules on this page will be automatically disqualified.
                            ------------------------
                            crowTrobot
                            Administrator
                            Last edited by crowTrobot; 11-12-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

The only place to upload photos on your profile is labeled concept photos. Though everything on that page reads as though they meant to put final. ie. must upload 5 concept photos to enter the contest

Comment

Hi Dave, I am asking Gigabyte about it now and I'll post here ASAP once I get the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X