Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crowTrobot View Post
    Hi Dave, I am asking Gigabyte about it now and I'll post here ASAP once I get the answer.
    Thanks
    Current Projects: The Gunslinger - CM Mastercase5, Crimson King - CM Mastercase5, Twelve-80 - scratch
    Past Projects: Spark, F3, Shinai, Scout, Gigantea, Rehab

For more randomness, check out my tweets or my face page or my website!

Comment

When I go to my profile it shows the following:

Thank you for participating GIGABYTE 30th Anniversary Mod Contest.
      You have completed your profile. You still can view your profile but cannot edit it.

I cannot add or edit any photos. The only photos on the site are my concept photos.

Comment

It looks like pretty much everyone did that as well except for those who have not uploaded their profile yet but have registered.

Comment

Lets see those final pictures Chief!
          Modders Unite!
          Main Rig CPU:A10-5800k|Mobo:FM2-A75MA-E35|RAM:ADATA 2GB&PNY 8GB|HDD:Corsair force120|PSU:Corsair TX650W|GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX670|Corsair H60|Case:Thermaltake Shark|Win10
          File Server CPU:Phenom II X4 945 3.0Ghz|Mobo:Asus M5A88-V EVO|RAM:ADATA 6GB|HDD: WD3200&WD800&Hitachi Desktar160GB|PSU:Raidmax530W|Xigmatek Loki|Case:XCLIOA380BK|Ubuntu
          The Sheild CPU:Athlon II 220 2.8Ghz|Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H|RAM:CORSAIR XMS 2x2GB&SAMSUNG 2x4GB|HDD:WD600|PFSense2.3

Comment

Hi NavyChief, your account has been re-opened by Gigabyte so you can edit the photos on your Mod2Win profile.

Final reminder for the deadline which is tomorrow November 15, 11:59 PST.

For everyone else having trouble editing their profile on the Gigabyte mod2win website, the registration has been reopened so users can either resubmit a profile or leave a message here so I can forward to Gigabyte and they can re-open the account on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by crowTrobot View Post
              Hi NavyChief, your account has been re-opened by Gigabyte so you can edit the photos on your Mod2Win profile.

Final reminder for the deadline which is tomorrow November 15, 11:59 PST.

For everyone else having trouble editing their profile on the Gigabyte mod2win website, the registration has been reopened so users can either resubmit a profile or leave a message here so I can forward to Gigabyte and they can re-open the account on their end.
              Thanks for the prompt action!

Glad to hear that the final photo deadline is tomorrow (Nov 15) at 11:59PM PST. That gives me a little breather room for photos.

Spent most of the day loading a Windows 10 OS and the applicable drivers. Now the video card RGB lights are blue like the rest of the lights in the build. All hardware was detected with no faults either!

Should be posting final photos either late tonight or tomorrow. Photos will be posted to both this build log and the official Gigabyte Mod2Win profile page.

Comment

Two last build photos...

In order to mount a GPU vertically you must have a PCI-e extender cable. I ordered one from Lian Li that is 380mm long and extremely well designed.

The fabric covering the cabling is smooth and flat black.

Comment

Finally all complete!!!!

Took around 250 photos and narrowed it down to the ones below. Now I have to decide which 5 to upload to the Mod2Win site.

The project was definitely challenging in that I have never had to create a concept before and then sticking to it was brutal. There are some aspects that I would have liked to change but the rules stated that design kit winners could not deviate from their concept drawing.

The infinity mirror came out perfectly! When off, it is a normal mirror; when on, then the blue infinity aspect shows nicely. I used the case sticker that came with the GPU since parts of it were mirrored. The custom side and top fan grills add the Gigabyte 30th Anniversary logo to the case exterior. The custom reservoir was brutal since there is only about an inch of clearance behind the motherboard tray. It fit and holds a tremendous amount of liquid. The RGB midplate was fun to create and allows me to change the color at will!

Mounting the GPU in the vertical position makes it appear to float over the midplate!

I pretty much stuck within the contest parameters and utilized all the sponsors hardware/services (Corsair, EKWB, HyperX, Gigabyte and PCPartPicker). To maximize the points, the theme is the Gigabyte 30th Anniversary and uses blue throughout.

I just wish that my photo skills were more in tune with my modding capabilities!

Well, here some the photos that I thought showed off the important aspects of the build...

Comment

When I tried to upload 5 final photos to the Mod2Win site, I received the following error.

Server Error in '/Mod2Win' Application.

Access to the path 'D:\Website\EventUs\2015\Mod2Win\upload\glmurphy@h otmail.com_Image_1.jpg' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Website\EventUs\2015\Mod2Win\upload\glmurphy@h otmail.com_Image_1.jpg' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Comment

I don't know, but since they've opened up the reg to let people re-register, you might try that???
                      Current Projects: The Gunslinger - CM Mastercase5, Crimson King - CM Mastercase5, Twelve-80 - scratch

Comment

Kind of curious to find out what the following event is...

Grand Finale
                        11/18/2016 - 12/19/2016

This is on the Mod2Win website homepage.

Comment

Think it's public voting for the fan favorite.

Comment

I think those pics came out great!

I think it'll be you and boloisbolo fighting for first. I'm rooting for you chief!
                            Modders Unite!
                            Main Rig CPU:A10-5800k|Mobo:FM2-A75MA-E35|RAM:ADATA 2GB&PNY 8GB|HDD:Corsair force120|PSU:Corsair TX650W|GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX670|Corsair H60|Case:Thermaltake Shark|Win10
                            File Server CPU:Phenom II X4 945 3.0Ghz|Mobo:Asus M5A88-V EVO|RAM:ADATA 6GB|HDD: WD3200&WD800&Hitachi Desktar160GB|PSU:Raidmax530W|Xigmatek Loki|Case:XCLIOA380BK|Ubuntu
                            The Sheild CPU:Athlon II 220 2.8Ghz|Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H|RAM:CORSAIR XMS 2x2GB&SAMSUNG 2x4GB|HDD:WD600|PFSense2.3

Comment

Originally posted by Jemin View Post
                              I think those pics came out great!

I think it'll be you and boloisbolo fighting for first. I'm rooting for you chief!
                              Thanks for the compliments! My photo skills are still in their infancy, but trying to get better.

I really like how the results will be posted quickly. No long delays.

Comment

Here is a parts list of all the components in this build:

Main Components:
                                • Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower
                                • CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3
                                • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI X99
                                • Memory: 64GB Corsair Vengeance Blue LED DDR4 3000MHz (8 x 8GB)
                                • GPU: Gigabyte GV-N960XTREME-4GD GeForce GTX 960
                                • SSD1: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 2280 512GB PCI-Express 3.0
                                • SSD2: HyperX Savage 2.5" 480GB SATA III
                                • SSD3: HyperX Savage 2.5" 480GB SATA III
                                • PSU: Corsair RM1000i Modular

Watercooling Components:
                                • CPU Block: EKWB EK-Supremacy EVO X99
                                • Motherboard Block: EKWB EK-FB Kit GA X99 LE
                                • Pump: EKWB EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM
                                • Radiators: 2 x EKWB EK Coolstream 480 PE Quad 120mm
                                • Reservoir: Custom Fabricated
                                • Tubing: EKWB EK-ZMT 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD
                                • Tubing: Mayhems Ultra Clear 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD
                                • Fittings: Assorted Bitspower G1/4 Compression, 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD

Miscellaneous Components:
                                • Fan - Radiator: 12 x Corsair ML120 Pro Blue LED 120mm PWM Magnetic Levitation Fans
                                • Fan - Front: 2 x Corsair ML120 Pro Blue LED 120mm PWM Magnetic Levitation Fans
                                • Fan - Rear: Corsair ML140 Pro Blue LED 140mm PWM Magnetic Levitation Fans
                                • PWM Splitter: Swiftech 8-Way PWM Splitter
                                • PWM Splitter: Silverstone 8-Way PWM Fan Hub
                                • Sleeving: Blue and Black Paracord

Comment

Working...
                                X