X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte 30th Anniversary Mod Challenge ~~ Custom Case Project Triptych

Hey all!

I am boloisbolo and I love to water cool and build custom cases! For Project Triptych I plan on a custom case that is a little different from the ones I have done before (Project Chrome Leopard/Flip). When I first saw the challenge I thought of writing the number 30 with hard tubing. I plan on doing a triangular build hence the name(although its not going to be side by side). Here's a quick sketch that I made when I was out to a bookstore with my daughter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jzV3UHy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	40767

Old: Will be posting more as soon as I have my designs finalized!
    boloisbolo
    Level 1
    Last edited by boloisbolo; 06-29-2016, 06:32 PM.

Don't forget to submit your pictures by today to be eligible to win the build kit!!!

Sign in to your GIGABYTE Mod2Win Profile.
    Go to ABOUT MY MOD tab.
    Click on the EDIT MY MOD button to add or change your Build Concept.
    Give your Mod a name and clearly describe what you are building.
    Upload hand drawn or CAD rendered files to visually describe your concept.
    Click UPDATE to save and submit.

Comment

Quick update:

Made a Pcpartpicker list:
      http://pcpartpicker.com/list/RXRyf8

Have most of the main things:
      Gigabyte z170n-Gaming 5
      Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming
      Intel 6700k Delid
      Silverstone SST-SX600-G
      Corsair LPX 16G 3000MHz

I have yet to do anything on solidworks yet for the case because I need to do some planning first. Here's a quick look:
      boloisbolo
      Level 1
      Last edited by boloisbolo; 06-30-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boloisbolo View Post
        Quick update:

Made a Pcpartpicker list:
        http://pcpartpicker.com/list/RXRyf8

Have most of the main things:
        Gigabyte z170n-Gaming 5
        Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming
        Intel 6700k Delid
        Silverstone SST-SX600-G
        Corsair LPX 16G 3000MHz

I have yet to do anything on solidworks yet for the case because I need to do some planning first. Here's a quick look:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3469[/ATTACH]
        Picture doesn't show
        Modders Unite!
        Main Rig CPU:A10-5800k|Mobo:FM2-A75MA-E35|RAM:ADATA 2GB&PNY 8GB|HDD:Corsair force120|PSU:Corsair TX650W|GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX670|Corsair H60|Case:Thermaltake Shark|Win10
        File Server CPU:Phenom II X4 945 3.0Ghz|Mobo:Asus M5A88-V EVO|RAM:ADATA 6GB|HDD: WD3200&WD800&Hitachi Desktar160GB|PSU:Raidmax530W|Xigmatek Loki|Case:XCLIOA380BK|Ubuntu
        The Sheild CPU:Athlon II 220 2.8Ghz|Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H|RAM:CORSAIR XMS 2x2GB&SAMSUNG 2x4GB|HDD:WD600|PFSense2.3

Comment

Originally posted by Jemin View Post
          Picture doesn't show
          Fixed it! Thanks

Comment

Okay time for some updates. Sorry about the delay I have been super busy as of late but the project is now my main priority.

Doing a test drawing.

Name:	image1 (4).jpg
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	39177

Initial Render.

Name:	InitialRender.jpg
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	39178

Final Render. MOBO, GPU, PSU

Name:	NEXTrender.jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	39179

Main Part of the chassis.

Name:	triptychfinishedmain.jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	39180

Back Panel that holds the Radiator.

Name:	Backpanel.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	39181
            boloisbolo
            Level 1
            Last edited by boloisbolo; 09-30-2016, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Some of the components that I already have in possession.

980ti Windforce is really really nice.

Corsair Ram. Painted the Ram slots and the red on the logo with Tamiya Acrylic paint.

Bitspower Fittings Galore.

EK 120 Vardar Fans, Bitspower Pump Top Mod, Pump Cover, 250 Res.

Have the CPU loop all planned out. As you can see you can't see the red in the ram slots when the ram is installed.
              boloisbolo
              Level 1
              Last edited by boloisbolo; 09-30-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Sneak peak! Case should be here on thursd

Comment

The case has arrived!

Testing how the gpu will hang.

Testing some lights for some under glow.

First loop bend.

Motherboard/PSU side cutouts

Comment

Nice and compact. Glad to see it as it takes shape. Keep up the great work bud.

Comment

Originally posted by crowTrobot View Post
                      Nice and compact. Glad to see it as it takes shape. Keep up the great work bud.
                      Thanks man appreciate it!

Onto the update!

Making an acrylic gpu bracket. Using 6mm acrylic and welding them together.

Here it is mounted. The bottom is screwed in while the top still needs its holes drilled. Sticky tack for the win.

Here's the gpu brackets mounted. The case got its final edit, drilling 2 more pass through holes and the holes for mounting the res. Although I have to add another bracket to the res.

Here's some pics of the motherboard side:

Let it be sleeved:
                      boloisbolo
                      Level 1
                      Last edited by boloisbolo; 10-21-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Hi, just a couple of friendly reminders as the deadline approaches:

1.) All required photos have to be uploaded up at http://event.gigabyte.us/mod2win/login/ as well.
                        2.) Modder Profile and worklogs must be completed to be considered for final selection.
                        Completing Your Worklog:
                        -Post images and a description of your mod progress to the thread you created in the Modders Inc. forum under GIGABYTE 30th Anniversary Mod Challenge.
                        -If you are entering with a completed or 'in progress' mod:
                        *You must be able to provide a full worklog from start to finish with images and a description.
                        *Your mod must not have started earlier than June 1, 2015.
                        *Your mod cannot be an entry from a previous GIGABYTE Mod Contest.

Completing your Modder Profile:
                        -Requirements for mod submission:
                        *The title of your mod entry.
                        *A description and concept of your mod entry.
                        *At least five pictures of your final mod entry with external and internal aesthetics (preferably high resolution, jpg file format, maximum size 1MB).
                        *At least one picture of your final entry with clearly recognizable GIGABYTE components (must be specified).
                        *One picture of your final entry with a hand written time-stamp for verification.

-Submitting your completed mod:
                        *Press the Complete Profile button under your profile - Complete Profile page.
                        *Once you complete your project, this will be considered your final submission and you will not be able to make further changes to your profile page.

Entries that do not satisfy all stated rules on this page will be automatically disqualified.

Cheers! Thank you for your participation and good luck in the competition.

Comment

Reminder for entrants with 3 days left for the competition (ends November 15, 2016. 11:59 PST), all worklogs must be updated up to the final build and all photos uploaded to the Gigabyte Mod2Win website in order to be considered for the final judgment. This is to match the entry submitted in the profile with the worklogs posted here.

-------------------------------------
                          Completing your Modder Profile:
                          -------------------------------------
                          1. Requirements for mod submission:
                          ◦ The title of your mod entry.
                          ◦ A description and concept of your mod entry.
                          ◦ At least five pictures of your final mod entry with external and internal aesthetics (preferably high resolution, jpg file format, maximum size 1MB).
                          ◦ At least one picture of your final entry with clearly recognizable GIGABYTE components (must be specified).
                          ◦ One picture of your final entry with a hand written time-stamp for verification.

2. Submitting your completed mod:
                          Press the Complete Profile button under your profile - Complete Profile page: http://event.gigabyte.us/mod2win/pro...ompleteprofile
                          ◦ Once you complete your project, this will be considered your final submission and you will not be able to make further changes to your profile page.

Entries that do not satisfy all stated rules on this page will be automatically disqualified.!
                          crowTrobot
                          Administrator
                          Last edited by crowTrobot; 11-12-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

ADMIN NOTE: I am posting for boloisbolo since the forums are having problems with posting for some users. We are currently trying to figure out what is going on, but it seems to be an IP block of some sort. Even I myself am blocked from posting (although not logging in) that is why I have not been able to post anything in in the past few weeks. If you are experiencing the same issue, feel free to contact any of the admins directly or you can email me directly at ron(at)modders-inc.com. Thank you.

Bend Bend Bend

Acrylic Welding the psu cover:

Sleeves to wear:

Double rainbow, Testing:

Hidden SSD, Parting the LED strip:

Final Assembly:

The power button is honestly one of my most favorite parts of the whole build.

Still need to take more pictures will be moving system to photo cube. I was thinking of using Mayhems Aurora Blue but just incase I took pictures using mayhems blue dye.

Although the finished product does not directly adhere to the inital concept, I feel as if it is still representative of the initial design. I hope you can see on the motherboard side the loop forms a sort of G1 and 0.
                            [img]http://i.imgur.com/rn6DiLL.jpg

Bonus Ghetto Setup:

Comment

ADMIN NOTE: I am posting for boloisbolo since the forums are having problems with posting for some users. We are currently trying to figure out what is going on, but it seems to be an IP block of some sort. Even I myself am blocked from posting (although not logging in) that is why I have not been able to post anything in in the past few weeks. If you are experiencing the same issue, feel free to contact any of the admins directly or you can email me directly at ron(at)modders-inc.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X