Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVIDIA ION CUBE by cheapskate and mnpctech

Oh, D*mn! That bracket is a work of art all by itself! I was wondering what you would do. Those angle cuts are insane!

Comment

Polished? Been there, done that..lol! I prefer Anodizing over Powder coating aluminum, you know it's aluminum and not STEEL beneath the coating, like some of those steel rad grills on the market :mrgreen:

Matte Black will be a nice contrast to the UV Green. I can also match the Black anodized finish with matte black paint and avoid finger prints. :mrgreen:
      Click Image To Case Mod Store

Comment

Some of cheap's ideas are just too cool to change, but I cant help myself..lol! I love the faux heat sink on the exterior.

How about playing the heat sink idea and making it the NVIDIA logo case badge. hell yeah.

SEM self etching primer, Black. matches type II anodize black perfectly.

Comment

Very nice work bro, I have come to expect nothing less over the years I have known you. I am interested to see more aspects of this project as it goes on (some aspects more than others /evilgrin)

Comment

Lookin' Great!! I love all the custom fab'd parts.

Comment

You never cease to amaze me Bill.
              Another incredible Mod.
              You da Man fo' sure!

Comment

Holy... Dude!
                OK, I gotta know: What was the size of the bit you used to mill out the logo? The corners are really sharp.

Comment

Thank you for tuning in and commenting guys! I should have another update soon, just waiting on some misc items to arrive so I can tinker more with another idea for the exterior. 1/32 bit @ cheapskate

Comment

All your base are belong to us

hehe, ok more of the base

Beneath the base, the power brick cord and sleeved cold cathode wiring.

1/4" UV Green acrylic under aluminum base

Comment

0-0

Edit: After visiting for the third time today, I realize now that this log is very nearly a form of torture. :lol: Bill, You obviously have dated at least one tease in the past, and you learned MUCH from her.

Comment

despite the lexan being lighted.. and the base being hollowed out int eh grooves.. really cant see any of the green through it which is a real disapointment..

you going to add lighting to each of the groves.. or green lexan to it to add some contrast to the groves?

because imo.. it needs.. something.

the conceptual had the shiny and reflection of the lighted cube above it to add some sparkle to the base.. as well it being lexan.. absorbed some of that light to put off a bit more of a glow then the one you got.. and i just cant hlp but think when its all togeather.. if left as is..its going to look rather plain compared to the cube
                        -=Dare not ever meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor very well with barbecue sauce=-

Comment

@ cheapskate, and you're torturing me with the cable management in this thing. lol!

@ DF, I appreciate your concern, but wouldn't worry about it

Comment

I think it looks amazing Bill. The Nvidia Logo lit up especially. I think when you get the cube built and attached the base will compliment it quite well. I'm really looking forward to seeing the cube come together. If it looks how I'm thinking it will you could mass market this thing! Keep up the good work!

We got too many back seat modders here. The man is an artist and a pro. Let's trust him and see where he goes with it.
                            Nothing is as it seems, nor is it otherwise.

Comment

whoa....man if i had your skills bill......this thing is uber sick nice work man

Comment

@ DF -- It is the base, or pedestal. It is not SUPPOSED to be the main focus, only support the cube/PC above it. If he puts TOO much detail into the base then it detracts from the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X