X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarthBeavis
    replied
    DarthBeavis Project Log: Away Team

Working on monitor enclosures. Have to tap into the controllers boards to get power for fans I am adding to the enclosures. These boxes will connect to the 'antlers'.

I took the small rads out of the aluminum boxes replacing them with a single rad in the new center housing (split off the T3 dual outputs back and back using Bitspower Y connectors - don't know if there is a benefit but I thought why not)

T3 cover on:

Re-plumbed and ready to fill and leak test. Used Koolance quick disconnects so I can take the top part off for shipping/transport.

I will also sand down that top piece so it sits flush.

Leave a comment:

• Sheldog23
    replied

so does it game pretty well? I don' t know much about that Mobo. I'd like to retrofit my UTMod with something like that one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

I sat right next to that sucker most of the time I was there playing games with my boys. It looked really sharp and The guts inside look awesome!!
    thanks. I am redoing all the inside as well (used those coils because of the uber tight bends, will use special 90 degree rotary fittings when I redo it). Looking forward to being able to actually game on it at PAX.

Leave a comment:

• Sheldog23
    replied

I sat right next to that sucker most of the time I was there playing games with my boys. It looked really sharp and The guts inside look awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

not done yet, will be done by PAX

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

Man that looks really awesome! but aren't you worried about that acrylic getting snapped or broken?
    no, will be careful and will only pull in in a flat inside area or while waiting in line at QuakeCon to look cool

Leave a comment:

• Sheldog23
    replied

Man that looks really awesome! but aren't you worried about that acrylic getting snapped or broken?

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

Test fitting the wheel assembly (will use different mounting hardware of course

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

Thanks Sheldog

Polished ALL day long and still went to the gym. Special thanks to my buddy John (SoundEvolution) for spending the last two days sanding with his orbital while I wet sanded and polished. After the project is done I will post some videos of parts of the project.

Here is a test assembly of the center box and one of the side boxes. I got the order wrong as the black layer with the radiator mounts goes next to the bigger center box not the outside box. So far, looking good. I will clean the acrylic up well before final assembly.

Leave a comment:

• Sheldog23
    replied

Holy Carp this is awesome how did I miss this. Star Trek Themed Too!! Very awesome. Looking forward to seeing how all those acrylic pieces look on the case. Very awesome indeed. Great work so far.

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

sanding away (batch sand then go back and wet sand with finer grit individually):

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

got the acrylic pieces in from Geno . . .first peeling off all the paper. tomorrow starts sanding and polishing.

Acrylic pieces cut:

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

mobo and gpu mounted in one of the two side boxes

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

Got the boxes back from painting:

Wish I had the pump painted teal as well:

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied

Got the PSU put together after painting (finally a silver Silverstone) . . .then started violating my diet by consuming a steady stream of gin and tonics . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X