Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.:istrict 9::. PRAWN PC 2010 CES mention with M-I&qu

Here is some screen shots taken from the movie trailer on Youtube. I think it's important to have the prawn canister implemented into the case. If Cooler Master had requested watercooling, it would been fun to make a reservoir based on the canister, but the system will be air cooled. We have some 2" diameter solid rod on hand we could use to re-create something close to it. I have some ideas, but want to have it my hands first before I commit to them.

Click Image To Case Mod Store

Comment

You just dont stop impressing Bill.... damn!
      blingGreen, Lupine, BOSS FX-57, DSF... what's coming next? Stick around!
      http://www.tech-daddy.com

Comment

Bill, the only thing I hate about this project is I have not seen the movie . . .arg. So need to get an HD copy of it . . .

Love what you are doing here. Also should drop props to Bill for sponsoring a n00b modder over at PDXLAN. Bill you made the young man's day!!!! Thanks for supporting our community brother. Someday I hope I can buy you a Jager Bomb. Would also like an autographed CPU Mag with your rig on the cover
        Check out my blog: www.outoftheboxmods.com

Comment

bill...what can i say!! ive lost count how many times ive said this and will keep saying it in the future im sure but damn, you keep impressing me, those bullet holes look awesome! see if i tryed that i think it would of just looked like bad holes punched into the case lol

Comment

Absolutely amazing as always. Very realistic bullet holes. I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'll defiantly check out the DVD when it comes out (Dec 22nd).
            http://churchillmods.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! Your positive feedback fuels me onward dudes..

We will hook up at some point Darth, no doubt!

Luckily we've got 2" diameter aluminum rod on hand, I'm cutting done a 12ft stock piece to 8" length today, I think thats pretty close to the movie prop. Once I've got the physical piece in my hand, ideas should start flowing.

Comment

These are the diamond knurl machined aluminum case feet shown in the original concept. The 840 comes with feet, but these fit the industrial theme. The only modding necessary was drilling out the existing threaded holes with 3/16 drill bit for 8/32 screws included with diamond knurl feet.

Diamond Knurl Computer Case Feet
                http://www.mnpctech.com/Aluminum_Computer_Case_Feet.html

Comment

2" diameter aluminum rod. The Prawn canister will illuminated from inside, and located in the 5.25 drive bay

Comment

Brad gave me access to his paint shop last night, to do the White and Orange paint

The "Pumpkin" Orange color was done first. The perimeter of the " exploded hole" will be airbrushed by Brad with a burned surface effect

Comment

The Cooler Master 840 chassis painted with Semi-Gloss White

Comment

Once everything is assembled, all of the details like weathering, graphics, and effects can be airbrushed on the exterior like the concept drawing.

Left side panel, the hole will have burned effect airbrushed on later

Right side panel

Cooler Master sent over 3x 230mm red led fans, 1x for front intake, 2x top exhaust

The 840 normally comes with Black frame 230mm fans, no leds.

Comment

Can't wait to see how the canister is gonna come out, keep it up =]

Comment

Thanks! It should be fun to see in the PC. I've had this .5" x 25" flexible conduit lying around, I've always wanted to use it for routing cables. It fits the industrial theme. I've also got .25" i.d. flexible conduit.

Comment

Isn't that the same thing they use for a shower hose?

would definitely look awesome
                              I'm working on a mod myself and I thought of using Chrome sleeving by Techflex
                              but that looks way better

Comment

lol, conduit snake. It should look absolutely vile if it's painted black. What are you going to use for end caps?

Comment

Working...
                                X