X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowbeard
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

It should be at CES. I can't imagine why they would pay for an awesome mod and not show it off. I can also mail you guys a CD of my uncompressed images unless you can accept FTP. IIRC, it's about 225 pix uncompressed so......500MB - 600MB. Just let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Dewayne
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

Hey Yellowbeard, will this case make its ways to CES? Would love to get some images for Tazz while I am there!

Leave a comment:

• Yellowbeard
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

Hehe...I LIKE that picture! 8-)

Leave a comment:

• Tazz
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

With the majority of the paint repairs out of the way I started on the assembly process. I slipped the top panel back into place and secured it with black rivets to match the original ones. If you plan to remove the top panel on the Obsidian 800D, make sure you take your time and look everything over. You will need to undo the motherboard tray from the lower support, as well as the rear support in order to get the top panel to come off.

Page 5

Leave a comment:

• Sheldog23
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

Man, I would have been seriously PO'd about that paint job. Especially if I paid for it. Definitely ask for some of my monies back. Glad you had the skills to wet sand it and make it look good in the end though. Still that's gotta drive you crazy.

THIS is why I end up just doing all my work. Every time I source out I regret it. Every time!

Good work bud.

Leave a comment:

• Tazz
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

No Problem great Yellow one. It was a pleasure actually meeting you in person and having a little time out of the house. The 13 hour drive was a small price to pay to achieve that .

Ya, I will copy things over there today.

Todays update is all about the paint...

I finally get a call from the painter saying that my parts are finally ready after being almost a week or so late. I made the drive to the shop only to find out that I should have just done the entire process myself. Here I will let a single picture tell the story.

Midway down Page 4

Leave a comment:

• Yellowbeard
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

I'd like to give a huge thank you to Tazz not only for the work on this mod but also for the in-person hand delivery of this system. Once he delivered it to me, I was a nervous wreck due to the fact that now I was the one responsible for shipping it to California safely. I coccooned it in batting and bubble wrap and am glad to report it arrived in Fremont unblemished. But, I sure did not want to send it out. It looked really good in my basement on my bench.

Tazz, I'm looking forward to the rest of the build log. After talking with you and seeing this thing in person, I can only imagine how much work it took. Also, can you duplicate this log at the Corsair forum?

Thanks again and it was great to meet you in person.

Leave a comment:

• Sheldog23
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

Damn laser. They can be so much fun when they work. Especially in space.

Leave a comment:

• razer121
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

nice, that way of sleeving the wireing is something i have always thought about doing but whoa dont have the time now i have 2 kids lol i will do it one day though....

Leave a comment:

• Tazz
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

I need to change my underwear . . .be right back
    LOL

Plexi work is always fun.

Here I was with the bare setup sitting in front of me. I have the images done and sent off to the laser guy. This is where my world went to HELL in a handbag.

On the laser front. The laser developed an issue while etching and cutting the first panel. To keep things simple and short I ended up having to source these parts through two different places just to make sure I ended up with enough parts to finish the build. Unfortunately, this even developed more headaches before it was all said and done.

Leave a comment:

• DarthBeavis
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

I need to change my underwear . . .be right back

Leave a comment:

• DFStormbringer
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

that etched glass showing up int he lighting is unbelievably sexy.. my ONLY complaint is the use of blue.. it looks too much like a space grid or some high tech holo map wit the blue.

perhaps orange or yellow.. to make it look more like parchement tones then the blue glow?

just my opinion.. its your build

Leave a comment:

• Tazz
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

The next step was to do some quick test fitting and checking out cable routing options. With the Corsair Obsidian having a slew of openings to route cables, the routing process should be easier. However, I will make mine a little more challenging by adding a window on the back side. So this means I will need to keep wiring clean on both sides.

Page 3 - Test Fitting

Leave a comment:

• Validus
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

The case itself looks to be very well thought out. Looking forward to the end product here =^)

Leave a comment:

• Dooglo
    replied
    Bluebeard's Revenge

Great work there.!

That case is awesome. Looks they've been watching modders, rubber grommet holes for hiding wires, hot swap drive bays, filter system.

Can't wait to see what ya do next.

D.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X