Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulmo - Type R

I am starting a fully sponsored mod for Enermax that will be a stock Fulmo mid tower. This is a new design that just came out. I've had the case for a couple months now and started work on it but I had to finish the Zotac mods for CES and got behind.

This is a great looking case already but I will be transforming it into a race inspired build.

- It has to look fast
    - It has to be fast

First I would like to thank Ecomaster for contacting me with the offer to build a killer Enermax case. They were very generous in the sponsorship of this build and I will make sure it pays off for them. Thanks P. L.

The case comes all black with some silver accent strips running top to front.

It has great body lines but I don't understand the flat spots on the silver strips where it bends around the front/top area.

they won't be flat when I get done. :P

Part of my inspiration will come from this -

It will be super bright white, with red accents and some chrome touches.

Here is a quick Photoshop in white (courtesy of my pal Boddaker) showing the red strips. It will be much brighter than this and there will also be some lettering and logos added.

White is the new black!

This case is really well built and has a ton of great features. Lots of little extras for cooling and wire management. It was well thought out and I would recommend this case for sure. Tons of cooling options.

I'll be back with more real soon.

I'm currently busy sanding.......

In the mean time, check out Enermax

Chuck Norris makes onions cry...

Fulmo - Type R

Ahhh I love deliveries.

A 1200W Platimax psu fully modular (even 24 pin)

9 TB Silence red lightning fans

And a T60 CPU cooler

More things to paint white! The fans I wanted that were already white were discontinued. And I'll paint the psu white with some red highlights.

I pulled everything apart and sanded the main framework.

I removed some of the webbing where the fans will be located. These are not just for looks, they actually add to the structural integrity of the case. But I don't plan on moving it around much so it's not a problem.

I left the bottom one in for now. I may remove it also.

I used some snippers to cut them out and I will use my small disc grinder to clean up the sharp edges later.

Next step is breaking down the outer panels and removing all the wiring and switches. Then sanding those.

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Yummy! Cant wait! Congrats on the sponsorship!
      blingGreen, Lupine, BOSS FX-57, DSF... what's coming next? Stick around!
      http://www.tech-daddy.com

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

I like the case, but it is such a CM 690 Advanced rip-off

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Man, I love Enermax. I'm a big fan of their fans..I mean I like them very much. Got two builds working with vegas fans, and they are coming along nicely.
          I like the Fulmo GT and I hear great things about the mid tower so I'll be watching!
          GL

BTW nice choice on the colors.

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

VROOOOOMMMM!!!
            Cut it, Paint it, Mod it. Void Your Warranty
            #moddersinc @moddersinc
            youtube.com/c/moddersinc1
            twitter.com/moddersinc

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

VROOOOOMMMM!!!
              Hey you're back in the saddle! Viva Las Vegas!

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Another piece -

Like I said, it has to look fast and BE fast. :P

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Yep, made it back from CES... dog tired too.
                  Cut it, Paint it, Mod it. Void Your Warranty
                  #moddersinc @moddersinc
                  youtube.com/c/moddersinc1
                  twitter.com/moddersinc

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Congrats for the sponsorship, nice car to build a mod.

Good luck with the project.

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Small update.

Have I mentioned how much I love sanding parts? It never seems to end. Just when you think you've sanded everything you realize you set a part down somewhere and now it needs sanded too.

So I have begun the primer phase on quite a few parts. I couldn't get the main case primered yet because I have some more cutting to do.

The plastic parts get a different treatment than the metal parts so it takes a little longer. Plastic has a release agent that needs to be pulled out and cleaned. You can do it by flaming the parts and then wiping down with alcohol or use a plastic prep spray and wipe it down. Then just to be sure, I use an adhesion promoter before I primer. I won't bother showing all those steps = boring.

I will be removing the grille on the side and replacing it with a window.

It's the kind that's held in with little tabs which makes it nice, except, where the slots are punched out for the tabs to stick through it's a little different shape. So it needs massaged into shape, or cut it off all the way around. I think I will be heading for the machine shop if I can't get it to cooperate.

This is the inside of the right side panel. The green is a Primer - Surfacer. It goes on thick and hides sanding scratches real well. So you wet sand it back down and it leaves a perfectly smooth surface for paint.

The rest of the parts get a nice coat of white primer since they only needed minor scuffing.

Pretty exciting stuff I know. But if you want to know a secret about awesome paint jobs - It's all in the prep.

I'm lining up more parts and will update you on those soon. I pulled the psu out of the box and I was blown away. That thing is heavy! Seems to be built to run a small town. I can't wait to start sleeving all the wires... :?

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Nice case and nice theme, I love car themed mod!
                        I'm following this build.

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Still sanding....

Why does powder coat have to be some damn tough!!
                          It's hard to get a smooth paint job when you have a rough texture powder coat underneath. ops:

I have more parts on the way.

I will share what's coming my way so you can have a sneak peak.

In keeping with the racer theme I found this controller that looks a lot like a speedometer.

And I want to add some other "gauges" so I'll be using this and I will add more to it. It will measure the cpu and video while it's running.

I'll put the 2 meters on the outside slots and in the middle I will put this start button.

That will be the actual power button.

I have some emblems that I'll use in a couple places - coming from Japan

I'll be using the Enermax name in big letters running down the left panel next to the window I am putting in. They'll be in red and will really stand out against the white case.

And on the other side panel I will be putting a huge red sprocket, or whatever you call the logo. Looks like a sprocket kind of.

Then I will put the various other sponsors names around the sprocket.

I'm in the middle of more sanding painting right now so I'll have another update soon.

8)

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Back in the modding saddle again. I have way too much going on right now!

I am about done with sanding and have moved on to the primer stage. I even got some painting finished!!

Here is the skeleton in beautiful super bright white...

So now I can start getting parts mounted. 8)

I have some sponsors kicking in product but I ran into a snag with the mobo. I need one that the 980x will fit into so I'm a bit limited considering it needs to have the red,white,black color combo.

I'll have more soon. I am not sure how I'll be getting all the cable sleeving done in time. There are so damn many cables! I bought some paracord in red. It's ssssoooooooo nice. Anyone up for a trade for some sleeving work? :?: Seriously..

Comment

Fulmo - Type R

Today was a good news day. I have another sponsor...

Patriot!

They are sending me a Wildfire 120 SSD and a pack of Viper Extreme ram - 24 Gb to be exact :P

http://patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=5&catid=34&prodgroupid=194&id =1041&type=1

http://patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=8&catid=85&prodgroupid=211&id =1077&type=17

Not only is this stuff completely badass but it also just happens to match the colors of the build!! And will perform to the level I need with all the high end parts I'm using.

On a sadder note, I am surprised at one major manufacturer who I contacted about using their motherboard. I called and spoke to the rep, and was told to send him an email with details. I have not heard back at all. I sent another email asking for an answer either way so I can place an order if I need to and never heard back at all. It just rubs me the wrong way. Not because I didn't get the parts sponsored, but because they basically chose to leave me hanging. Just seems rude. Maybe I'm just cranky. But now I'm buying an ASUS Rampage 3 Formula board instead. I didn't approach them about sponsoring but I don't have time at this point. [end cry]

So on to the show...

I am happy to be finishing the paint up. I really love this white a lot. It just seems so clean.

I brought some more parts into my office to drool on.

and I put a few on the frame. Now it's starting to take shape.

I had a minor paint boo-boo on the top bezel and I will just re-spray the whole thing since it's easy to work with.

I picked up some material for a really really cool window that I'll be installing soon.

And I got all my stencils ready for the logo's and lettering I'll be doing in red paint.

Sooo, it's coming together.

8)

Comment

Working...
                              X