No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SandStorm II Case Build

Hi guys,
    I'm on holidays after my first year, I've been planing to start doing a new custom case for my new rig. I will be starting my work in few days and I'll keep you updated with photos and some youtube videos once I started, any suggestions is really appreciated.

First I'm going to do a prototype with form and then fiber it and do the finishing, the front will have a slide opening and system will be cooled by a custom watercooling. (rest is surprise stay tuned)

Click image for larger version

Name:	463748_10151816648238899_1183904505_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	39928
    these are the 3D rendering of my design. the lighting system has the ability to change the color.

I would be glad if i can get a sponsor for the build (I'm in Malaysia), but with or without i will make it anyway.
    I will keep you guys updated as soon as the build start.

Wish Me Luck

Sponsored by :

Name:	6bad979e_EKWB-Banner.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	39929
    Thanks EKWB
    Last edited by Sanjey Cyphor; 11-29-2013, 08:49 AM. Reason: Thread title change

Update 1 on Sandstorm II build

Hi all,

I did some work on the side panels. here are the pictures of them.

Name:	SAM_0238.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	38078

Took a lot of time on geting the perfect shapes and sized, specially because the design has lot of curves

Task List
    * Build the parts using Styrofoam
    - Side panels
    - Top Panel
    - Front panel
    * Fiber the Styrofoam parts and make a Mold
    * Fiber the mold and make Final pieces
    * Sand the parts and cut out extra
    * Finish the pieces and Paint
    * Connect the electronics and the Components
    * Finish the build
    * Party

Sponsored By:

ID:	38079
    Last edited by Sanjey Cyphor; 09-04-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, not much updates yet, I finished the styrofoam case, so i need to fiberglass everything and i will post the photos of the styrofoam build soon,

And I will be uploading a new better quality Youtube video. stay tuned

Sponsored by:

ID:	38081

Comment

Updates

Hi guys, after sanding all the foam and making the shapes, tried to fiber it covered with masking tape, but the test piece melted. So I will use cement to make the mold, sadly i won't be able to keep the mold, then fiber it to make the case.

So the half finished case is like

and I bought the color changing LED stripes to fit to acrylic

Wait for more updates

Sponsored by :

Comment

Do what Brian did and use some car body Bondo and sand it down to the shape you want... http://www.modders-inc.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post43796
          Cut it, Paint it, Mod it. Void Your Warranty
          #moddersinc @moddersinc
          youtube.com/c/moddersinc1
          twitter.com/moddersinc

Comment

Originally posted by Americanfreak View Post
            Do what Brian did and use some car body Bondo and sand it down to the shape you want... http://www.modders-inc.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post43796
            AF, thanks a lot, but what is Bondo? is ti something like Cataloy Paste? I already made the molds using cement, did the finishing touches on it yesterday and now ready to fiber today evening. thanks again AF

Comment

Here starts a Proper Build log

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	38084

Dedicated to My Dad and Mom for the great support they gave me

Comment

COOLER MASTER Sponsorship

First let talk about sponsors, I currently have Sponsorship from Cooler Master
                The promise to help my build with some awesome components that they produce.
                I will soon do a review on the product as soon as I get my hands on them

Asus Also agreed to partially sponsor me but still waiting for their confirmation. and my build log will start updating frequently after I get the components.

Sponsored by:

Comment

Assembling the styrofoam

Ok Modders m back with some new pics of modding of the build. and today its all about the foam model of the case.

So as we discussed before once I finished the side panels i concentrated on front n top covers. making these parts were very hard because I had to see through the shapes and sizes to match with the design. after some more long hours of sleepless nights finally most of the parts completed

Had to frequently check the regularity n equality in shape of the two side panels and also had to make sure the case is symmetrical. few hours of more correcting was put on to this to make sure the final shape was good.

Had few problems in making the top cover since the curve was to big i had to join two pieces together and as in the above pic i used pins to keep them together till they joined, but to tell the truth it didn't work. so i had to make the mold with the pins still there and then carefully remove them.

So that's it for today everyone, I'll come up with latest updates again soon.

A Big thanks go for the sponsors for helping me with this build

till next time everyone

Comment

Cooler Master Sponsorship Seidon 240M Review

Hi guys, on this post today I'm going to do a simple review on the sponsor material I got from Coolermaster for my build, the Seidon 240M Liquid cooler and the GX II 750W PSU. I promise to keep it simple at the same time giving you all the information you need.

CM 240M Liquid cooler is very good cooling solution for Gamers and mid-range Over-Clockers. Though itís not the latest model of liquid cooler by CM (which is Nepton) and it doesnít look fancy like a custom water cooling loop either, itís more than enough to keep a properly overclocked system at high stress levels. This product is comparatively very cheap, where a custom water cooling system would cost more than two or three times of that this would cost. Also the main advantage in a closed loop is that you donít have many maintenance issues, you donít have to clean the loop frequently or be worried of leaks. This solution is perfect for builds like mine where all the internal parts are closed so I wonít miss fancy water cooling system, but adding it to an open system will not look bad at all.

Ok now talking about the components and features let me go point wise so itís easy to read
                    • Maintenance-free Ė for me most important because you donít have to waste a half a day to clean my cooling solution, might be same for you. As I've mentioned before it comes pre-filled and closed loop, but there is a connector in case you want to remove the liquid.
                    • A new efficient design for better over-clocking performance. From cold plate and pump to radiator and fans everything is optimized for better cooling and lesser noise.
                    • The pump has a very durable n less noise design Ė 70 000 hours life expectancy and less that 25 dBA which is basically cannot be heard.
                    • Durable and Flexible tubing - This system comes with a very durable and flexible tubing, you can twist it turn it it won't break. Also the tube ends have been connected in a way that you can turn it almost 180 for different positions of setups and the tubing is long enough for nay setup you like.
                    • Ultrafine micro channels Ė which is as in the picture bellow very fine fin on the cold block to maximize surface area therefore increasing the heat transfer.
                    • Large Aluminum Radiator Ė Everyone would prefer it to be copper, but the prices would be different then, but the denser fin design can make up for some of that missing copper.
                    • PWM capable 4-pin Blade Master Fans (120CM) Ė these fans are pressure optimized to create and maintain enough pressure between radiator and fans. PWM fans gives control over the fan speed therefore reducing noise during low temperatures and increasing fan life
                    • Universal Mounting solution Ė supports LGA 2011/1150/1366/1155/1156/775 and AMD FM2/FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2.
                    • Capable of push/pull/push-pull setups - A wide range of screw sets is included in the package.
                    • Very silent cooling capability - less than 40 dBA, but this can vary according to your setup and fan grills.
                    • Bow shaped Contact surface for best contact with the chip Ė It is proven that the slightly bow shaped blocks make the best contact with the processor. In the traditional flat face blocks the center of the block makes less contact with the processor reducing heat transfer.
                    • Copper CPU block - As anyone would expect the cold block (CPU Block) is pure cooper build and has a very smooth surface for optimum contact.

Apart from the above all the cables comes with a nice tight black wire sleeving.

Some people say why Cooler Master named this 240CM a ďMĒ (medium) and the 120 CM one ďXLĒ (extra Large), itís because the radiator in this one is thinner than the one on 120XL, but itís not a reason to think that the 120XL is cheaper and better, because the fin density in this radiator is higher than in the rad of the 120XL in fact it's higher than many other 240CM radiators, so still this radiator maintains that double cooling capabilities than the 120XL and also outperforms many other 240CM radiators.

The contents of the Package are as follows.

The cooling solution itself
                    2x Blade Master 120CM PWM fans
                    1x rubber seal for noise reduction
                    1x Fan Splitter (4-pin)
                    1x AMD Mounting Bracket set
                    1x Intel Mounting Bracket set
                    1x Back Mounting Plate
                    1x Cooler Master thermal compound
                    Screws for all kinds of possible setups

So thatís the basic review of the cooling solution. Soon I will update this with the cooling scores of the system.
                    Thank you very much for referring to my review.

A big Thanks goes to Cooler Master Malaysia for sponsoring my Build

Comment

Sneak Peek
                      What do you think?

Comment

GX II 750W PSU By CM for Sponsorship

Hi guys today is the second review of my PSU I got from Cooler Master for their sponsorship. Guess what, itís a famous GX II, one of the most famous gaming power supplies in the market. This is one of the most reliable and cost effective power supplies in the market so far. Yes there are bigger and better power supplies, but for a mid-range budget build this PSU is the perfect solution.

• Itís a single rail 12V non modular PSU. Yes would prefer it to be modular but something to keep in mind is that it is comparatively very cheap.
                        • 5 Year Warranty Ė Cooler Master guarantees that their product will be functional for 5 years and itís more than the time that you would use your computer. Unlike other PSUs this one has 5 years of coverage where most of the other PSUs give only 3 years coverage.
                        • USB charger Ė this is one of the top features I like in this PSU, this is a socket to connect your front USB panel through to the motherboard, the GX II provides continuous 5V power to the front panel even when the system is not running.

• Support Dual SLI- the GX II 750 W PSU comes with 4x 6+2 pin connectors, meaning that it can power up two high end graphics cards.
                        • The new 2nd Generation of GX II have a very silent fan and good cooling for long hours of operations.
                        • Built-in protection systems for stable, smooth and dependable supply like, OVP/ UVP/ OPP/ OTP/ SCP/ OCP.

Here are the Specifications of the PSU

The Power Distribution is as follows

The connectors available are,
                        1x 20+4Pin Motherboard Connector
                        1x 4+4Pin CPU +12V Connector
                        4x 6+2 Pin PCI-e Connector
                        9x SATA Connector
                        3x 4Pin Peripheral Connector
                        1x 4Pin Floppy Connector
                        1x USB Charger Cable

Though I wonder why they put up a Floppy Connector, itís very good that it has 9 SATA Connectors.

The regulations this PSU comply with are a lot and you can see them on the side of the box of the PSU.

Maintenance and Dependability
                        Talking about dependability I have been using GX first series PSU on my old system for a long time now and used the system for long periods of time and had no problem at all with a PSU.
                        I have been using the new GX II for about 2 months now with my i7 Haswell overclocked at 4.5Ghz and been using the system for Rendering and Gaming for long hour. Sometime system has been up more than weeks without any problem.

Overall this PSU is a great pick for performance/price and one of the top level PSUís available for midrange systems. This PSU has a very good Warranty coverage and is very dependable for long hours of gaming.
                        Test results will follow up soon.

Please visit CoolerMaster for their official specifications and detail list
                        A big thank goes to Cooler Master Malaysia for sponsoring my Build
                        Thank You Very Much

Comment

Cooler Master GX II 750 W Sponsorship PSU Review.

Hi guys today is the second review of my PSU I got from Cooler Master for their sponsorship. Guess what, itís a famous GX II, one of the most famous gaming power supplies in the market. This is one of the most reliable and cost effective power supplies in the market so far. Yes there are bigger and better power supplies, but for a mid-range budget build this PSU is the perfect solution.

• Itís a single rail 12V non modular PSU. Yes would prefer it to be modular but something to keep in mind is that it is comparatively very cheap.
                          • 5 Year Warranty Ė Cooler Master guarantees that their product will be functional for 5 years and itís more than the time that you would use your computer. Unlike other PSUs this one has 5 years of coverage where most of the other PSUs give only 3 years coverage.
                          • USB charger Ė this is one of the top features I like in this PSU, this is a socket to connect your front USB panel through to the motherboard, the GX II provides continuous 5V power to the front panel even when the system is not running.

• Support Dual SLI- the GX II 750 W PSU comes with 4x 6+2 pin connectors, meaning that it can power up two high end graphics cards.
                          • The new 2nd Generation of GX II have a very silent fan and good cooling for long hours of operations.
                          • Built-in protection systems for stable, smooth and dependable supply like, OVP/ UVP/ OPP/ OTP/ SCP/ OCP.

Here are the Specifications of the PSU

The Power Distribution is as follows

The connectors available are,
                          1x 20+4Pin Motherboard Connector
                          1x 4+4Pin CPU +12V Connector
                          4x 6+2 Pin PCI-e Connector
                          9x SATA Connector
                          3x 4Pin Peripheral Connector
                          1x 4Pin Floppy Connector
                          1x USB Charger Cable

Though I wonder why they put up a Floppy Connector, itís very good that it has 9 SATA Connectors.

The regulations this PSU comply with are a lot and you can see them on the side of the box of the PSU.

Maintenance and Dependability
                          Talking about dependability I have been using GX first series PSU on my old system for a long time now and used the system for long periods of time and had no problem at all with a PSU.
                          I have been using the new GX II for about 2 months now with my i7 Haswell overclocked at 4.5Ghz and been using the system for Rendering and Gaming for long hour. Sometime system has been up more than weeks without any problem.

Overall this PSU is a great pick for performance/price and one of the top level PSUís available for midrange systems. This PSU has a very good Warranty coverage and is very dependable for long hours of gaming.
                          Test results will follow up soon.

Please visit CoolerMaster for their official specifications and detail list
                          A big thank goes to Cooler Master Malaysia for sponsoring my Build
                          Thank You Very Much

- - - Updated - - -

Making the cement mould and finishing the surface.
                          because i used masking tape there was lot of wrinkles. so had to fill it with cement and made it smooth

- - - Updated - - -

Hello guys, so once i finished smoothing out the surface, i started applying few layers of release wax on it to release the fibre.

Here is the black fatty me applying wax sorry m 20 years old, though i look like I am 35

After 3 layers of wax this is the mould ready to make the fiver side panels

I will finish this thread by April 7th, so keep on reading. I will update every day

Sponsored by Cooler Master
                          Thanks a lot for your help on finishing my build

Comment

oh well. So where we are now?
                            ok. after the release wax layers are dried, we put the gel coat first to make it smooth and forms the edges well. We mixed the gel coat with a chemical to make it non-sticky (otherwise the glue likeness of the fibre will be there)

We used black colour with the resin coz it's easier to paint.

And then on top of it( after drying)first we apply black resin then we put the fine fibre clothe
                            and apply resin again well

More updates coming soon. I'm flying abroad so might not be able to update the log for few weeks. (my photos are on my desktop) but i will sure reply to you

Sponsored by:

Comment

Hi guys. so after i removed from the mould the parts look like this, my fiberglassing wasn't perfect so had to do lot of more shaping up on the parts.

The whitish thing is wax stuck they are easily removable, but there was some edges that was not well filled and due to the change of temperature the shape of the parts were slightly changed. :sigh:

Filled up the parts with car body filler. sanded them for long hours to get a perfect shape. This was another one of the longest process

After working on these fo rlot of hours they look like this

This is the fron top part which i later merged with the top panel.
                              most of the work was on the 2 side panels since they were gigantic

This is the front cover that opens up and has the LED fixed up to the middle

Had to make it point a little bit on the middle and had to make it perfectly straight for it to look good

Next Update I will tell you on how i made the internal structure to hold these parts

A Big thanks for CoolerMaster for sponsoring my build

- - - Updated - - -

Sponsored by COOLERMASTER

Hello friends
                              Here is how i made the internal structure. for all i used aluminium sheets and L angles and lot of steel screws. I asked a shop to cut the big pieces for me. then i marked other small parts and used a Jigsaw and a jewellery cutter (similar to dremel) to cut them off. it was the jigsaw that did most of the work.

sometimes i feel that the aluminium case looks epic as well without anything.

did you notice the air intake for the PSU? I designed it that way so that all the dust on the floor doesn't get into it. it will get air from the front 2 fans. I designed that plate to be long to put a water res there but sadly water cooling was out of my budget.

I had to use a back panel of an old throw away case i found from junk yard because it has to be precise and had too much of detail to do by hand.

those are the brackets for the top panel.

Testing PSU with screw positions

Since i'm a poor guy with no CNC or other milling tools i had to make the front fan grill by hadn. and it was some painful days of drilling.

My belief is that no matter how less tools you have if you really want to do something you can do it.

so those are the updates fo ryou guys to day. hope you like what i do
                              I will complete the log with the next post so please let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X