Hardware Installation and Clearance Compatibility of the Fractal Design Torrent Case
- Internal length: 381mm.
- Internal height: 381mm/438mm.
- Internal depth: 209mm (to the glass).
- Front :3×120/140mm or 2x180mm Fans. (2x 180mm fans included)
- Radiator support up to 360/420 mm.
- Rear mounted: 1×120/140mm fan
- Radiator support for 120/140mm.
- Top: NONE
- There is no removable plate for installing PSU.
- 241mm Clearance for Power Supply installation but recommended PSU up to 230mm in length.
Video Card clearance:
- There is 482mm of clearance before reaching the front fan mounting area.(with removed front fans)
CPU Tower coolers:
- CPU heat-sink height clearance is about 209mm. (to the glass). The recommended CPU cooler’s max height is 188mm.
- Large CPU backplate cutout.
The installation of the components was fairly simple in the Fractal Torrent. The case is spacious enough so that pretty much everything you can throw at it, will fit. In this build, I am using an ATX motherboard with two RTX 3060 video cards and a Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 air cooler.
You can see that there is plenty of space on the right side of the case for me to convert this system into a liquid cooling rig with a reservoir. On the back of the case, I had no issues with cables. I’ve tried my best to keep everything in order with the Velcros and zip ties. The rubber cable management grommets come in handy when running cable to the top where the Power Supply is.
Overall customization and ease of use of the Fractal Torrent are very easy and impressive on how much space you have to work with.