Video card and mini-PC specialist ZOTAC has announced something unexpected: they will now begin offering solid-state drive storage. ZOTAC’s Premium Edition SSDs will be available in 240GB and 480GB capacities initially utilizing a quad-core Phison controller with MLC NAND. Sequential read and write speeds are expected at 520MBps and 500MBps respectively via SATA III and will be backed with a limited three year waranty.
- End to End Data Path Protection – detects and corrects any errors along the paths that your data takes between the DRAM, controller, and NAND
- SmartECC – reconstructs bad/faulty pages when regular ECC checks fail
- SmartRefresh – monitoring the health status of ECC blocks and refreshing blocks intermittently to advance data retention
- Power Failure Protection – minimizing the time data is housed in the cache to prevent data loss during unexpected power outage
- Dynamic Wear Leveling – ensuring that the use of the NAND is spread out to extend the SSD’s lifespan