Get those rotary tools ready, one of the most anticipated casemod events of the year is here. Cooler Master’s Case Mod World Series 2017 has just opened up for registration and is accepting entrants from all over the world. Registration ends on March 31st and final submissions open on April 1st. All mods are to be completed by May 3rd and winners will be crowned on May 19th. As usual there will be a tower mod and a scratch build category for modders to enter into but two extra prizes will be awarded as well. Prizes are valued at a whopping of total $40,000 USD this year.
Since Cooler Master is celebrating their 25th Anniversary, a bonus award has been added for those who build a tribute case to one of Cooler Master’s several, now classic, case series:
- ATCS Series
- CM Stacker Series
- Centurion Series
- Praetorian Series
- Cavalier Series
- Mystique Series
- CM Media Series
This includes both tower and scratch build ideas as long as it clearly can be discerned that what case series is the inspiration for the mod.
The People’s Choice Award also makes a return as chosen by the public. The mod that receives the most amount of likes during the voting period will receive this prize.
REGISTER HERE: http://makerhub.coolermaster.com/cmws-2017
- You must be a legal adult in your country of residence.
- You must complete the registration process by March 31st 2017.
- You must not have started your mod project before July 1st, 2016.
- You must complete your mod before the final submission deadline, May 3rd, 2017.
- You must fully complete your worklog before the final submission deadline.
- Your worklog must show the entire process of the mod from start to finish with both pictures/photos and text.
- You must complete the final submission process by May 3rd, 2017.
- You must agree to all terms and conditions.
- You must not have entered your submission in any other Cooler Master global competition.
- Your final submission must be a working PC.
- You can enter multiple submissions in multiple categories but you must register each project separately and fully complete a worklog and the final submission process for each one.
Terms and Conditions:
- Cooler Master Case Mod World Series 2017 is open to residents of all countries worldwide.
- All participants must be considered a legal adult in their country of residence.
- Multiple entries by a single individual are acceptable but must be registered separately.
- No purchase is necessary. Purchases will not increase your chances of winning.
- Winners will be announced online and contacted via email.
- As a participant, you are the owner and composer of the project content and images.
- Cooler Master and it’s event partners may use your case mod and images with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit.
- Cooler Master and it’s event partners has the perpetual right to use your case mod and case mod images. We may use your case mod and case mod images locally, nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform currently in use or later developed.
- Cooler Master reserves the right in its sole discretion to alter contest rules at any time.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Cooler Master retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is no longer available.
- Usage or reprint of your case mod and case mod images will be at sole discretion of Cooler Master.
- In case of dispute, Case Mod World Series 2017 will be governed by Taiwan (R.O.C.) law and entrants to the Case Mod World Series submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Taiwan (R.O.C.) courts.
- Promoter: Cooler Master Technology, 8F., No. 788-1, Zhongzheng Rd., Zhonghe Dist., New Taipei City 23586, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
By participating in the Cooler Master Case Mod World Series 2017, you conclusively agree to be bound by these contest rules and conditions. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
Contestants who do not agree to the above terms and conditions should not enter this contest.
- How do I know if I have completed registration?
You will see a message at at the bottom of the registration form confirming that your registration has successfully completed. If you have any problems or questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- Am I qualified to take part in the competition without completing the registration?
No. You must complete registration during the period of February 3 – March 31, 2017 to take part in the competition.
- Can I create multiple entries in the same category, for example two entries in Tower Mod?
Yes. However, each mod is considered an individual entry by the judges and public voting, meaning you must register each project separately.
- Am I allowed to take part in both categories?
Yes. You can create multiple entries for both categories, as long as each mod meets the requirements for each qualification and is registered separately.
- Why am I required to submit so much information during registration?
The information you provide during registration is used to create your worklog and final submission gallery pages on the Case Mod World Series website and to verify your identity if you win a prize. Your pages can be updated during the event with additional content by contacting us at [email protected].
- What if my contact information changes after I register?
If your contact information should change after registration, you can update it via email at [email protected].
- What information does my gallery page contain?
A gallery contains uploaded photos of your final submission, a description of your mod project (written by you), a link to your project worklog, the hardware spec list of your submission, and links to your social media pages (optional).
- Why do I need a gallery page?
Your gallery page is the public face of your final project. This is where the world will see what all your hard work has amounted to. Once you accomplish the final submission steps, your gallery will undergo a public vote and review by our panel of judges.
- Why isn’t my gallery updating?
The photo and data you submit for the final submission gallery will be updated as soon as we can depending on the amount of entries we get. If you want to know more, please contact us here or via email at [email protected].com.tw.
- How do I submit my mod for final review?
Upload five photos (High Quality Photos) and the required information on the Final Submission tab of the Case Mod World Series website.
Once you complete the final submission process, your project will be considered completed and you will be unable to make further changes that will affect the judges’ final decision.
- What is public voting for?
Public voting is for the purpose of deciding the winners of the People’s Choice Award. All mods will be open to public vote through the final submissions gallery page.
- How many votes can I cast?
Voters can cast an unlimited number of votes, but only one per mod.
- What if I started my mod before registration opened?
If you started a project prior to the contest, the start date cannot be earlier than July 1st, 2016. Any mods that are found to have been started/shared prior to July 1st, 2016 will be automatically disqualified.
- When is the project completion deadline?
All final submissions are due by May 3, 2017 at 11:59pm (GMT -11).
- Do I need to send my mod to Cooler Master to complete my final submission entry?
No. You need only to have completed your worklog and completed the final submissions process to officially complete your project and be considered for a prize.
- Are there any age or location restrictions?
Location: No. The competition is open to everyone worldwide.
Age: Yes. You must be considered a legal adult in your country of residence.
- When will the winners be announced?
All winners will be announced May 19th, 2017.
- How are the winners picked?
Judges will score each mod based on predetermined criteria. The mods with the highest scores will win prizes. The People’s Choice Award prizes will be determined by public voting through the final project gallery. See Rules for more details.
- How many winners will be announced this year (2017)?
Eight winners :
Tower Build Award: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Scratch Build Award: 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
25th Anniversary Award: One Winner.
People’s Choice Award: One Winner.
- How do I enter for the 25th anniversary Award?
The 25th Anniversary Award is a bonus prize this year with specific qualifying factors. Please see the “About – Mod Categories” section under for specific information about this award.
- Can I also enter a Case Mod World Series that is held in my own country?
Yes, in fact we encourage you to enter both the global and regional edition!
If you have any questions or concerns about the Cooler Master Case Mod World Series 2017, please contact Cooler Master here.