Marketed as a gaming mid-tower case the M59 offers up features like clearance for 10.5 inch graphics cards, support for water cooling, and a well ventilated design. We will see how well the case handles a budget system.
The NZXT M59 comes in a now standard cardboard box (I remember when most came in plain brown), printed in full color. NZXT did a great job with the box design here. The front is super simplistic, a picture of the front bezel, and a few buzzwords to grab attention. There appears to be minimal damage to the box, but a loose rattling sound came whenever I moved the box. At this point I was a bit scared of what I might find inside.
(you can click on almost every image in this review for a bigger version)
The box lists the standard features twice, on both ends of the box, a great decision as one of the English sections was completely covered over by the shipping label and packing slip.
Packing was a standard affair, pressed Styrofoam end caps and a plastic bag around the case.
The back offers up a list of features (reproduced from website):
- Immense Performance: 5 fan capability (side 120mm LED and rear 120mm exhaust included) Included 9-fin rifle bearing NZXT fans rated at 42CFM and 23db
- Night light: A ambient light sits over the 5.25″ drives to give visibility in dark rooms or at LAN parties
- Black on Black: Smoked clear window and a black interior gives the best combination of black on black
- Meshed front panel allows for more airflow
- 5.25″ stealth bay to keep a clean look
- NZXT solid state bracket allows for two SSD drives to be installed
- Wire routing: motherboard punched holes allows for quick CPU bracket removable and optimal wire routing, turned HDD also helps with managing cables
- Pre-drilled water cooling holes on the back plate
- Front mounted USB, audio, and ESATA ports
- Support for external dual radiator at the top of the chassis
- High end graphics card support, the M59 features space that is especially designed to fit longer 10.5″ cards
The two ends of the box offer up some detailed specs:
- Motherboards: ATX, Micro ATX
- Drive Bays:
- 4 External 5.25″ Drive Bays
- 7 Internal 3.5″ HDD Drive Bays
- 7 Expansion Slots
- Cooling FanOptions:
- Front, 1x120mm
- Rear, 1x120mm (included)
- Side, 1x120mm LED (included)
- Top, 2x140mm/120mm fan
- Chassis Dimensions:(DxWxH) 508x190x449 mm
- Chassis Material: Steel
- Chassis Weight: 6.5 kg
Table of Contents -