This year our modding theme will be based off of Doom or Quake. This gives us a wide range of options to choose from and should produce some great mods.
The rules are as following:
We each start of the with the same case, the Thermaltake Core X1
- A theme was picked to help keep us on the same playing field.
- We can have some outside help on getting some items either painted or created.
- Our completion time is from right now to QuakeCon 2015.
- The cases must be on display at QuakeCon 2015
- Any sponsored hardware does not count towards the $250 limit and all staff members must be offered the same items. It is up the modder to use it or not.
- Lastly we can only spend $250 to create the actual case mod which in turn limits how much we can spend on any outside help.
The whole idea to limit the amount of money we can spend is to show what can be created on limited budget. Anyone can spend a lot of money on creating a mod, but case modding is about how the mod is created and sharing what you did, not how much you spend.
So how will a winner be picked? That is a great question and so far we have only come up nothing! If you have any ideas or suggestions please post them.
Check out the work logs in the forums and look for the staff vs staff tag in the subject.