Cooler Master is a name synonymous with enclosures. They have been building PC cases for over 20 years, so they are no stranger to the industry. Over the years Cooler Master has released quite a few cases. A few years ago Cooler Master launched a new line of cases simply named HAF, or High Air Flow. The HAF series of cases is designed for superior air flow, cable management, and to help cool the hottest systems. One of the features of the HAF Systems is the open mesh design which allows more air to flow through the case, thus keeping the components cooler.
In November 2012, Cooler Master released the latest case in the HAF Series, the HAF XB LAN Box. The HAF XB is a cube style chassis and is designed to be toted to LAN parties. Does the HAF XB live up to its nomenclature? Read on to find out.
- Direct front to back airflow over CPU and mainboard for extreme cooling performance.
- Supports 240mm radiators with extra clearance for thick performance radiators or push-pull fan configurations.
- Supports tower CPU coolers with a height of up to 180mm and up to 334mm long high end graphics cards.
- Motherboard tray can be removed to install, remove or swap components.
- The first case that quickly and easily transforms into a Testbench – Ideal for enthusiasts and overclockers.
- Dual USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports and X-Dock slots at the front panel for lightning fast plug-n-play I/O.
- Rigid carry handles on the side panels.
|Materials||Steel body, Front Mesh, Plastic bezel|
|Dimension (W x H x D)||442 x 330 x 423mm / 17.4 x 13 x 16.7inch|
|Net Weight||8.2kg / 18.1lb|
|M/B Type||ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX|
|5.25″ Drive Bays||2|
|3.5″ Drive Bays||2 (from X-Dock)|
|2.5″ Drive Bays||6 (2 from X-Dock)|
|I/O Panel||USB 3.0 x 2 (internal) Audio In & Out x 1 (supports HD Audio)|
|Cooling System||Front: 120mm fan x 2, 1800 RPM, 21 dBA (or 140mm fan x 2)Rear: 120mm fan x 1 (optional), and 80mm fan x 2 (optional)Top: 200mm fan x 1 (optional)|
|Power Supply Type||ATX PS2 (Support Max. of the PSU in 180mm length)|
|Maximum Compatibility||VGA card length: 334mm/13.1inch CPU cooler height: 180mm/7.1inch Water cooling support: 240mm radiator x 1(front), 120mm radiator x 1(rear)|
The features and specifications are provided by the Cooler Master website.
Article Index: >>