Synology releases the official version of Moments, Drive, and Office
Synology | Moments, Drive, and Office
Synology has just announced the official release of three major packages (Drive, Office and Moments). These three packages run on Synology’s NAS devices and allow users to store, backup and synchronize their files such as photos and documents in an efficient and secure way.
Moments is a completely new application that lets users back up photos from their computer or smartphone to their Synology NAS. Once photos are stored on the Synology NAS, Moments includes deep learning and automatic organization tools that identify people, places, and objects in photos and sorts them into albums accordingly. Since photo indexing is processed on the Synology NAS, users can be assured that all their photos and image data are stored safely and privately.
Some notable features include the following:
- By-topic organization: With a new deep learning algorithm on Synology NAS, random photos will be automatically grouped together according to similar facial structures, subjects, and locations.
- Easily share and search photos: Simply type in keywords into the search bar, and relevant images will appear immediately; such as mountains, ramen, or sushi.
- Easy backup from mobile devices: Backup photos daily by uploading them from iOS or Android device with the Moments mobile app.
Office is Synology’s own browser-based collaborative editor, which allows users to create, share, and simultaneously work on documents, spreadsheets, and – in the latest version — slides. As with all of the company’s packages, Synology Office runs on a Synology NAS, so companies can get the benefits of online file editing and real-time collaboration while keeping all data onsite and stored on their own equipment. All of these collaboration tools are managed on Drive.
Drive is the complete revamp of Synology’s file syncing Cloud Station Suite. The overhaul simplifies data management on Synology NAS, allowing users to sync data across multiple devices and increase ease office collaboration.
New features include the following:
- My Drive for personal storage: This allows users to centrally manage all their files and set different permission for each file if necessary.
- Team Folder for team collaboration: These are shared folders created by the administrators, allowing teams to work together on different documents and keep them neatly organized within the shared folder.
- Desktop Client for local synchronization: The desktop client is supported on windows, MacOS, and Linux, allowing users to conveniently sync files from all folders, including folders shared with them, to their PC’s and laptops.
- Integration with Office and Universal Search: Drive is now a central hub for Office, making team collaboration and building collaborative documents easy and organized. Additionally, finding files is effortless with universal search. (let me know if I should elaborate about US)
More information on these new packages are available from the Synology’s website.