Hardware Installation and Clearance Issues
- Internal length: 368 mm.
- Internal height: 368 mm.
- Internal depth: 171 mm.
- Radiator support not available in the front.
- Radiator support for 120mm.
- Fan Support 1 120mm.
- 1 Rear: 120mm Fan. (Included)
- Radiator support 120 / 240mm (35mm max motherboard component height).
- Fan Support 2 120mm or 140mm.
- 1 Rear: 140mm Corsair Fan. (Included)
- 2 Bottom mounted 120mm.
- There is an internal removable plate for installing PSU.
- Maximum length PSU is supported is 180mm. (but could fit extended PSUs if needed)
Video Card clearance:
- There is 368mm of clearance before reaching the front of the case. Suggested/Supported video card length 360mm.
CPU Tower coolers:
- CPU heat-sink height clearance is about 171mm. (from the motherboard to the glass). However, recommended the height of the tower cooler is advised to be 160mm or less
- Small CPU backplate cutout.
Just like Q300L this case is fun and challenging to put together. Getting everything fit in the case was definitely a challenge but it can be done. I am using a 1300W Evga G2 power supply and its definitely oversized for this case along with Radeon R9 290. The card basically sits up against the power supply but as I said, it could be done! Now to make things more interesting, I have Enermax FiqFusion 240 RBG radiator on top of the case which fits right against the motherboard/ram. Cable management is not bad in Q500L but I strongly recommend getting custom power supply cable to make your case as neat as possible. I had no problem with the side door and closing it with all of the PSU cables inside. There is roughly 30mm clearance between the motherboard tray and the case door.