In early 2020, the RTX 2080 Ti is still the king of all graphics cards. So, at CES, when ASUS offered us the opportunity to review their ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, we, of course, accepted their offer. ASUS and ROG have been a staple in the PC enthusiast community for many years. Since the Republic of Gamers brand first launched in 2006, products branded with the ROG logo have to meet a higher standard than other products ASUS produces.
The ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti is the flagship card of the ROG line up. But this card is not for the casual gamer. Coming in at a price tag of nearly $1,300 USD, The Strix 2080 Ti will put a dent in budget for your next build. In fact, it may be more than the budget for your average gamer’s entire build. However, if the 2080 Ti is something you’re serious about buying, price shouldn’t be an issue. But, is it really worth spending that much on a graphics card? In this review, we will do our best to answer that question and many more.
Review Sample Provided By: ASUS
Product Name and Website: ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
- NVIDIA TURING™: ROG GeForce RTX™ graphics cards are powered by the Turing ™ GPU architecture and the all-new RTX platform. This gives you up to 6X the performance of previous-generation graphics cards and brings the power of real-time ray tracing and AI to games.
- DirectX 12: Power new visual effects and rendering techniques for more lifelike gaming.
- 4K: Step up to the ultimate 4K gaming experience with GeForce RTX and enjoy today’s biggest games in amazing detail.
- Axial-tech Fans feature an all-around better design and IP5X dust resistance.
- 2.7-Slot Design expands cooling surface area by over 20% compared to last gen.
- MaxContact Technology allows 2X more contact with the GPU chip for improved thermal transfer.
- Auto-Extreme Technology uses automation to enhance reliability.
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages to fuel Turing™’s cores.
- ASUS FanConnect II equips 2 hybrid-controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking and thermal controls.
- Video Memory
- Engine Clock
OC Mode – GPU Boost Clock : 1665 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1350 MHz
Gaming Mode (Default) – GPU Boost Clock : 1650 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1350 MHz
- CUDA Core
- Memory Clock
Digital Max Resolution:7680×4320
HDMI Output : Yes x 2 (Native) (HDMI 2.0b)
Display Port : Yes x 2 (Native) (DisplayPort 1.4)
HDCP Support : Yes (2.2)
USB Type-C Support:Yes x1
- Maximum Display Support
- NVlink/ Crossfire Support
- Recommended PSU
- Power Connectors
2 x 8-pin
1 x CD
1 x Quick Guide
1 x ROG Velcro Hook & Loop
ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
12 ” x 5.13 ” x 2.13 ” Inch
30.47 x 13.04 x5.41 Centimeter