Cooler Master announces the 2015 Case Mod World Series by inviting all case modders to show-off their creativity and push the limits of PC case design. This year’s panel of judges includes an impressive line-up of modders from around the world making it one of the most prestigious modding competition ever. And thanks to the support of Dremel, Intel, Asus, OCZ and GeIL, there will be over US$25,000 in cash and hardware prizes up for grabs. The Contest begins January 7th. See the full details at: mod.coolermaster.com
There will be two categories ‘Tower Mod’ and ‘Scratch Build’. In case you do not know which this means is the the Tower Mod are created from a standard case while the Scratch builds can be made from anything.
This year a change in the voting will be limited to only the the judge panel, which includes:
Richard ‘Darthbeavis’ Surroz
Peter ‘L3P’ Brands
Brian ‘BOD MODS’ Carter
Mathieu ‘Sassanou’ Heredia
and the sponsors.
New this year is a award called the ‘Rising Star’ will be also determined by this panel to identify the future star to watch for in the modding scene.
A ‘People’s Choice’ will be chosen based solely on public voting. So there are plenty of ways to win.
Last year’s entries produced some of the best builds of the year. These designs also helped push the development and design of PC cases.
|SABERTOOTH||PROJECT TESLA||THE PRIVILEGE|
|THAI FARMERS||LAMBORGHINI ROG|
CM Mod Contest will be open for registration from Jan. 7 – Feb. 7 2015. To enter the competition, please see steps below –
- Sign Up on Mod Contest Site
- Register an account on CM Forum (Existing Forum account holder can skip this step).
- Before the submission deadline – You MUST post (1) or more pictures of all the components you will be using in your thread (make sure all components are recognizable).
Contest Category – Tower Mod and Scratch Build
- Tower Mod – must be a Cooler Master case (any size).
- Scratch Build:
- No limitation on case material.
- Built with prefabricated case:
- No display of any manufactures logo.
- Final product must not be recognizable compare to its original design.
- Must include at least one Cooler Master product and needs to be identifiable.
Worklog Submission – by Apr. 30 2015.
Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of Apr. 30 2015.
- Post images and description of your mod progress on the thread you created in the Cooler Master forum.
- If you are entering with a completed or ‘in progress’ mod:
- You must be able to provide a full worklog with images and description (from start to finish of your work).
- [UPDATE] Your mod must not have started earlier than JAN 1, 2014 with the condition the project hasn’t been featured or
entered into a previous contest.
- Your mod was never entered into a previous global Cooler Master Mod Contest.
- Your mod entry title.
- Description/concept of your mod entry.
- 5 or more pictures of y our final mod entry (preferably 800 x 600 pixels in .jpg file format) including the one with CM component (name specified).
*Entries that did not satisfy all rules stated on this page will be automatically disqualified.