The Nvidia RTX coverage continues here at Modders Inc as we have the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 DUKE 8G OC on the test bench. The MSI RTX 2080 Duke sheds the traditional Red/Black color scheme of MSI’s gaming line and instead goes with a silver/black combo to give it an industrial look. The RTX series boasts significantly higher frame rates than the previous generation and add new technology such as Real-time Ray Tracing and Deep Learning Super Sampling which, at the time of this review, we can now test outside of a Nvidia provided test. So how does the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Duke stack up? Read on to find out.
Review Sample Provided By: MSI
Product Name and Website: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Duke 8G OC
Product was given in exchange for work to produce review.
- Boost Clock / Base Clock / Memory Speed
1515 MHz / 1845 MHz / 14 Gbps
- 8G GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI x 1 / USB Type-C x 1
Triple-Fan Thermal Design
- Using three of the award-winning TORX Fans 2.0 with Double Ball Bearings.
- Using groundbreaking aerodynamic techniques, the heatsink is optimized for efficient heat dissipation.
TORX FAN 2.0: Supremely silent
- Dispersion fan blade: Steeper curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heatsink below.
- Double ball bearing: Strong and lasting core for years of smooth gaming.
RGB Mystic Light
- Customize colors and LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look & feel with other components.
MSI Follows the Nvidia color scheme on their box and chose to use the Black/Green colors. On the front of the box, DUKE is boldly emblazoned across the front. The rear of the box dives into a bit more details on the features and specifications of the RTX 2080 Duke. Features such as fan type, heatsink, and lighting are detailed.
The GPU bracket is designed to distribute the weight of the GPU on the bracket itself and not the PCIe slot. The bracket screws into the PCIe slots on the case. This card is a bit heavy at 1082g/2.38 lbs. Just a little extra protection from MSI to keep your expensive electronics up and running.
|Model Name||GeForce RTX™ 2080 DUKE 8G OC|
|Graphics Processing Unit||NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080|
|Interface||PCI Express x16 3.0|
|Core Clocks||Core: 1515MHz
Boost: 1845 MHz
|Memory Speed||14 Gbps|
|Output||DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.0b x 1 / USB Type-C x1|
|Power consumption||245 W|
|Power connectors||8-pin x 1, 6-pin x 1|
|Recommended PSU||650 W|
|Card Dimension(mm)||314 x 120 x 46 mm|
|Weight (Card / Package)||1082 g / 1882 g|
|DirectX Version Support||12 API|
|OpenGL Version Support||4.5|
|Multi-GPU Technology||NVIDIA® NVLink™ (SLI-Ready), 2-way|
|Adaptive Vertical Sync||Y|
|Digital Maximum Resolution||7680 x 4320|
|Accessories||Graphics Card Support Bracket x 1|