It seems I end up starting every peripheral review the same way. By saying that peripherals are the most subjective thing that we review and how what I may like, you may not. That’s statement is especially true when it comes to keyboards. Everyone has their preference when it comes to typing and or gaming. The overwhelming majority of people are going to say they prefer Cherry MX switches, especially when it comes to gaming. You’ll also have a portion that prefers Kailh switches. You’ll even get a small, die-hard group that swear Razor switches are the best, not realizing that they’re just private labeled Kailh switches. The point being everyone has their own preference when it comes to typing and gaming. Many times, people prefer to game with different switches than they do typing.
Over the last several months, I’ve personally looked at several different products from Patriot and Viper. Whether its been their Viper line of both LED or RGB memory, a simple flash drive or one of their EP SD card, I’ve been impressed in one way or another. So, when they asked if we’d take a look at their all new V765 mechanical RGB keyboard, I just couldn’t say no. But in a market where every company seems to be making a keyboard these days, what makes the Viper V765 mechanical keyboard from Patriot stand out? Let’s take a look and see.
Review Sample Provided by: Patriot
Product Name/Link to Website: Viper V765 Mechanical Keyboard
Product was given in exchange for work done to produce this review.
- Kailh mechanical White Box Switches for superior durability and quicker response
- Water and dust resistant of IP56 rating
- Full spectrum RGB, 16.8 million color backlighting
- Dedicated multi-media controls
- Volume wheel w/ mute function
- N-key rollover and anti-ghosting
- Multi-level LED backlit dimming
- Removable magnetic palm rest
- Aircraft grade aluminum chassis
- Unit Physical Dimensions: 1.1” (H) x 18.4” (W) x 6.4” (D)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs
- Warranty: 2 year