Power supplies play a critical role in the PC. It provides all the necessary power to run everything inside the computer. In order for everything to function correctly, the power supply must be able to deliver clean reliable power to all the components and efficiency levels that are not going to cost ton to run, especially under intense loads. With today’s multi-GPU setups, this can be quite a challenge. Cougar has recently revamped the CMX line of power supplies and now stands at V3. The cougar CMX line features power supplies that range from 550 watts up to 1000 watts of power at 80 plus Bronze certification. In this overview we will be taking a look at the Cougar CMX V3 850 watt power supply.
Review Sample Provided by: Cougar
Product Name/Link to Website: Cougar CMX V3 850 watt power Supply
Product was given in exchange for work done to produce this review.
New high-end series of power supplies specifically target demanding gamers, the COUGAR CMX V3 series. The 80Plus Bronze certified CMX V3 series provides up to 88% peak efficiency. The advanced cable management solution allows users to only use those cables their peripherals actually need, thereby effectively reducing cable mess while at the same time improving air circulation and ventilation within the case. The attractive black and orange metallic coating in combination with the honeycomb-shaped vent holes add to the overall robust and aggressive appearance of these units, thereby effectively increasing the game-style looks. COUGAR CMX power supply, your best choice.
- 80-PLUS® BRONZE CERTIFIED
- Up to 88% of efficiency, compliant with 80-PLUS® BRONZE efficiency requirement
- ULTRA-QUIET & TEMPERATURE-CONTROLLED 140mm FAN
- 140mm fan deliver optimum air flow with extremely low noise level, the fan speed automatically governed based on the temperature
- ADVANCED MODULAR CABLE
- The advanced modular cable management is further improved by utilizing new flat cables that simplify installation as well as reducing air friction in order to maximize airflow. This gives gamers the power they need, and flexibility of easy upgrades they demand
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE LATEST PC TECHNOLOGY
- Supports the newest specifications of ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 standards
- Created for usage with current and next-generation multi-core CPU platforms
- SUPPORT MULTI-GPU TECHNOLOGY
- Support PCI Express 2.0 next-generation graphic card with 8(6+2)pin PCI-E connector
- 105 °C JAPANESE CAPACITORS
- Highest durable 105°C Japanese capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability, delivering 4 times the lifespan of conventional 85°C rated capacitors
- HIGH PERFORMANCE AT 40°C
- Non-stop high performance and full rated wattage at 40°C/104°F ambient temperature
- DYNAMIC DUAL-12V
- Automatic dynamic load distribution on multi-12V lines provide high voltage stability power separately to the GPU and the CPU. If you are not using all output lines, the PSU automatically reroutes needed power from unused lines. This improves the performance and safety of the 12V lines considerably for systems with high-end graphics cards in SLI® or CrossFire® mode
- COMPLIANT WITH ErP Lot6 2013
- Energy consumption in standby is < 0.3W, compliant with economy-friendly electrical equipment
- FULL PROTECTIONS WITH OCP, SCP, OVP, UVP, OPP
Up to 88% efficiency with 80-PLUS® Bronze efficiency requirement
SUPER SILENT & BEST LIFESPAN
Fan speed automatically governed based on the temperature.
Best reliability, delivering 4 times the lifespan of conventional 85°C rated capacitors.
HIGH PERFORMANCE AT 40°C
Non-stop high performance and full rated wattage at 40°C/104°F ambient temperature
COMPLIANT WITH THE LATEST ErP Lot6 2013
In Standby consumption is <0.3W
|Item Name||Input Characteristics||Output Characteristics|
|AC input||+3.3V||+5V||+12V1||+12V2||-12V||+5Vsb||Total output|
|CMX550 CGR B2-550CM||100-240Vac 50-60Hz 10A||24A||20A||28A||22A||0.3A||3A||550W|
|CMX700 CGR B2-700CM||100-240Vac 50-60Hz 12A||24A||20A||30A||26A||0.3A||3A||700W|
|CMX850 CGR B2-850CM||100-240Vac 50-60Hz 10-5A||25A||25A||50A||50A||0.8A||4A||850W|
|CMX1000 CGR B2-1000CM||110-240Vac 50-60Hz 12-6.3A||25A||25A||60A||60A||0.8A||4A||1000W|
|Model||Main connector||CPU connector||Peripheral connector||S-ATA connector||PCI-E 6pin|
|24(20+4) Pins||8(4+4) Pins||4 Pins||5 Pins||8(6+2) Pins|
- CMX550 / 700 / 850 / 1000:
- L160 x W150 x H86mm
- UVP (Undervoltage protection)
- If the voltages fall below a certain tolerance value on the single lines, the PSU automatically switches off.
- OVP (Overvoltage protection)
- If the voltages increase above a certain tolerance value on the single lines, the PSU automatically switches off.
- SCP (Short-circuit protection)
- In the case of a short-circuit this feature prevents damage to the core components of the PSU and its system components.
- OPP (Overload protection)
- If the system is oversized and requires more power from the PSU than it can perform, this protection function is activated.
- OCP (Overcurrent protection)
- If the load on a single line is higher than indicated, the PSU automatically switches off.
Safety & EMI Certified
The features and specifications on this page are provided by Cougar and may change without notice. For more information please visit the Cougar specifications page at http://www.cougar-world.com/products/power_supplies/cougar_cmx_v3.htmlArticle Index: