Being the new kid on the block is not always easy and being the new guys in town the world of computer cases is no exception. Lucky for Fractal Designs having a solid product really helps. We will be looking at the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Midtower case to see if Fractal can once again bring all that they intended.
First Look- Packaging and Information
The Fractal Arc Midi R2 arrived sporting a simple brown box with with nice full detail sketch work. UPS was a little rough on this one but as we will see soon fractal has protected your new investment well against travel bumps and bruises.
Our Fractal case arrived in a plain brown box, the level of detail in the front sketch is high as well as a full list of features and specs.
With the box removed we see that our Arc Midi 2 is safe and sound within a nice amount of foam.
The Fractal Arc Midi R2 is a case that comes packed with impressive features at a moderate price point including a unique hard drive cage design and a sleek modern design, the real question is if Fractal can really maintain the level of quality we have come to love at a moderate price.
Inside the case we found a box of hardware and accessories including motherboard standoffs, thumb screws, motherboard speaker, tie ,and install guide.
- Designed with high airflow in mind while consistently holding a minimalistic, sleek look and feel
- Featuring a window side panel to show off your set up in style
- Extensive water cooling support, designed to support thick radiators in the front and top positions
- Three Silent Series R2 fans with integrated fan controller included
- HDD cages are now split 5 + 3 and are both rotatable and removable for maximum configuration and airflow
- Support for up to 8 hard drive bays with accommodation for an additional 2 x 2,5” inch drives behind the motherboard
- Easy installation and configuration with ample cable routing space making it simple for everyone to make a very tidy looking computer build
- Removable fan filters for easy dust maintenance and washing
- ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX motherboard compatibility
- 2 – 5.25″ bays
- 8 – 3.5″ HDD trays – all compatible with SSDs
- 2 – 2.5″ additional SSD positions behind the mothboard plate
- 7 + 1 expansion slots
- 7 – Fan positions (3 Silent Series R2 fans included)
- Filtered fan slots in front, top and bottom
- CPU coolers up to 180 mm tall
- PSU compatibility: ATX PSUs up to 170 mm deep when using the bottom fan location; when not using this fan location longer PSUs (up to 270 mm deep) can be used
- Graphics card compatibility: Graphics cards up to 290mm in length with the top HDD cage installed – With the top cage removed, graphics cards up to 430mm in length may be installed
- 26 mm of space for cable routing behind the motherboard plate
- Thick rubber grommets on all holes on the motherboard plate
- Colors available: Black
- Case dimensions (WxHxD): 230 x 460 x 515mm
- Net weight: 10.7kg
- Package dimensions (WxHxD): 320 x 610 x 560mm
- Package weight: 12kg
Table of Contents -