Cooler Master, a leader in Cooling, Cases, PSU’s and Peripherals, introduces their latest case, the new MasterBox Q500L!
Cooler Master has taken the dimensions of the Q300L, a Micro/Mini ATX case and recreated the inside of the Q500L to now support up to a standard ATX motherboard and still managed to keep a reasonable amount of clearance for graphics cards and cooling systems.
The MasterBox Q500L will support up to a 360mm graphics card and a 240mm radiator mounted in the top. The case is fully ventilated to offer a variety of cooling options. The PSU can be mounted in a various positions inside the case to accommodate the placement of the Standard, Mini, or Micro ATX motherboards. Clearances for the CPU cooler are also adequate at 159mm. Cable routing is easily managed behind the motherboard tray with up to 30mm of clearance and deep channels around the perimeter.
Another unique feature of the MasterBox Q500L carried over from the Q300L is a positionable I/O panel. The I/O panel can be mounted Top, Bottom, Front, and even on the back side of the case! The Q500L also has rubberized screws on the side panels that can double as feet should you wish to slip this tiny case into a tiny place. The MasterBox Q500L supports two SSD drives mounted on the back of the motherboard tray and an additional 4 SSD’s or 2 HHD’s in the front drive bays.
The stylish look of the Q500L, the massive amount of storage space and the capability of housing a standard sized ATX motherboard would make the Q500L a great media box that can sit right on a book shelf or entertainment center.
Check out the full press release below and begin imagining how this teeny tiny PC living space can fit into your needs.
LOS ANGELES, CALIF., APRIL 2, 2019 – Cooler Master, an award-winning PC components company, today, announces the launch of the new MasterBox Q500L. Featuring the same external dimensions of the previously launched Q300L, the Q500L is capable of supporting a full ATX motherboard.
The latest addition to the Q Series, the MasterBox Q500L pushes the standards of a compact ATX chassis. Using a special bracket, the internal layout places the power supply on the top/front of the chassis to fully utilize space while offering ample component clearance. Even with an ATX power supply, clearance for the graphics card can reach up to 360mm and up to 270mm if the PSU is longer than 160mm. Paired with support for a 240mm radiator up top, the MasterBox Q500L fits fully-sized powerhouses like a glove.
- Minimized Dimensions for Standard ATX – The MasterBox Q500L supports standard ATX motherboards and PSUs, with a body depth and height of only 386 x 381mm.
- Fully Perforated Chassis – The top, front, rear, and bottom panels are fully perforated to offer airflow for various cooling configurations.
- Movable I/O Panel – Orientation for the chassis is versatile, with the option to move the I/O panel to retain accessibility.
- Vertical and Horizontal Position – The case can be oriented vertically or horizontally. Rubberized screws also function as feet to supplement horizontal orientation.
- Vertical PSU Placement – The PSU is positioned on the front of the chassis to fully utilize internal space. The bracket can be relocated depending on hardware configuration and motherboard form factor.
- Magnetic Dust Filters – The magnetic dust filters feature a unique design. Magnets allow for quick removal and installation for easy cleaning of the dust filters with rubber stoppers to keep the filters in place.
- Clean Routing Space – Behind the motherboard tray, 27-30mm width of space is offered for cable management with the entire perimeter acting as a channel for cables.
- Edge-to-Edge Transparent Side Panel – The side panel displays system builds in full view.
Configurations May Vary
The included bracket can be utilized to mount the PSU in various locations for different hardware benefits. If a mini ITX motherboard is used in the Q500L instead of a standard ATX motherboard, the power supply can be mounted in the conventional position of the bottom, rear to allow for increased front panel ventilation. For top radiator clearance, the power supply can be shifted to a lower position in the top/front to accommodate for radiators mounted on the top panel. Although cooling configurations can change, depending on the build and form factor, the Q500L is entirely perforated to offer as many combinations as possible.
One Size Fits All
All signature features of the Q Series are shared with the MasterBox Q500L, from the movable I/O panel to its capability of orienting horizontally or vertically. Since the entire Q Series shares one size, all accessories are backwards compatible. This includes the handles, feet, I/O panel and panels from its predecessors. Future iterations of Q Series models will also uphold this philosophy, ensuring the evolution of the entire series and the versatility of each model. The MasterBox Q500L takes the Q Series’ signature features and applies them to standard ATX, all in a deceptively small yet robust chassis.
Pricing & Availability
The MasterBox Q500L will be available for pre-sale in North America, today, for a starting MSRP of $59.99 USD.
For more information, please visit: http://us.coolermaster.com/
About Cooler Master:
Cooler Master is a global computer components and peripheral company with a 27-year track record in releasing innovative products that truly advance the industry. We are driven by a passion for the things that make building a PC such a unique, rewarding experience, and sustained by a vision that we can reinvent the way these machines are designed, made and used. From our landmark release of the first ever aluminum PC case to our groundbreaking switch to the modular format, Cooler Master is committed to bringing our customers and fans the utmost in choice and control. For more information on Cooler Master, please visit www.coolermaster.com or follow us on http://www.facebook.com/