Most of EVGA’s products are no frill, hell on wheels, performance yielding beasts. What I mean by that, is rarely do you see EVGA products with extra “features”. EVGA tends to spend more time developing how to get more performance out of their products. At Computex 2016, EVGA introduced a slew new and updated products, one of which is the EVGA X99 FTW K. The K version of the board for all intents and purposes, adds a Killer Networking card along side the Intel network card. The FTW series of products from EVGA is considered their mainstream parts, designed to give great performance and good overclocking potential and does in fact support the latest Intel E series processors including the I7-6950X.
Review Sample Provided By: EVGA
Product Name and Website: EVGA X99 FTW K
In the spirit of keeping things simple, EVGA’s packaging for the X99 FTW K features a black background with the product name in large metallic appearing letters. On the back of the box, the manufacture dives into more details on the specifications and features of the motherboard.
Internally, you will find the carton is separated into an upper and lower half. The upper portion features the accessories and manuals, and the lower half contains the motherboard tucked away inside an anti-static bag.
Included in the packaging is a user manual and driver disc, rear I/O panel, rear I/O shield, EZ Voltage connector, 4 SATA cables (2 flat, 2 round), external PCI USB bracket, and a two-way SLI connector.
- Chipset – Intel® X99 Express
- SLI – Up to 4-Way SLI
- SATA – 10 Native SATA 6.0Gb/s Ports
- USB – 2 USB 3.1 (1 Type-C, 1 Type-A) / 8 Native USB 3.0 / 8 USB 2.0
- Memory – 8 DIMM Quad-Channel DDR4 3200MHz+ (OC) (Up to 128GB)
- Capacitors – 100% Solid State
- Form Factor – E-ATX
- Ethernet – Intel® Gigabit NIC, Killer Gigabit NIC
- Audio – 8 Channel High Definition Audio + Optical
- M.2 Socket M Support 32Gbps
- PCB – 8 Layers
- Highly Efficient 8-Phase Digital VRM
- Onboard Power, Reset and Clear CMOS
- EVGA E-LEET X Tuning Utility
- Onboard CPU Temp Monitor
- Black Nickel CPU ILM
- Built in USB 3.1 Type-C Port
- Audio Isolation for Superior Sound
- 4x USB 2.0
- 4x USB 3.0
- 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1x USB 3.1 Type-A
- 2x Gigabyte LAN
- 8 Channel Audio + Optical
- 2x USB 2.0 Header (4 Ports)
- 2x USB 3.0 Header (4 Ports)
- 10x SATA3/6G Ports