MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G GPU Review
Not too long ago Nvidia introduced the world to the Maxwell architecture. The GTX 750 and 750 TI were the 1st Maxwell chips from the Green team although the the 750 series was aimed at the budget minded consumers. One of Maxwell’s biggest features is efficiency and boast 2x performance per watt over the GTX 600 series which allows the Maxwell chips to sip power rather than gobble it down. Today is the the birthday of the the 750’s bigger brothers. Nvidia is launching the GTX 970 and 980 GPUS at their Game 24 event.
We were able to get our hands on a retail version of the GTX 970 from MSI. The MSI GTX 970 features the new Twin Frozr V that features two 10 cm fans that can be controlled individually through MSI’s software. Through MSI’s Gaming App, overclocking of the GTX 970 can be automatically controlled. So how does the MSI GTX 970 stack up against other cards in the same class? Read on to find out.[sc:sponsor sponsor=”MSI” product_name=”MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G” product_price=”349.99″ ]
Specifications and Features
|Model Name||GTX 970 Gaming 4G|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970|
|Core Base Clock (OC)||1140 MHz|
|Core Boost Clock (OC)||1279 MHz|
|Memory Clock||7000 MHz|
|Memory Size||4 GB DDR5|
|Memory Bus||256 bits|
|Power Consumption||148 W|
|Dimension/Weight||269x141x35 MM / 814 G|
|Power Saving||GPU Boost 2.0|
|DVI to VGA Dongle||Y|
|Power Cable||8-pin x1|
Next-Gen Thermal Design: Twin Frozr V
- Torx Fan – Maximizes airflow and dispersion
- SuperSu Architecture – Improves dissipation efficiency through special heatpipe layout
- Zero Frozr – Fans stop spinning in low load to keep the card quiet and increase lifetime
- Airflow Control Technology – Deflect airflow towards heatpipes to improve thermal efficiency.
- Easy Tuning – OC, Gaming and Silent modes adjust Graphics Card settings based on user requirements.
- Eye Rest – Dedicated color profiles for Gaming, movies, and Eye Rest (reduced blue light) custom color, Gamma, Brightness and Contrast settings from within the Gaming App.
Military Class 4 Components
- Certified to MIL-STD-810G standards for top stability and quality.
- Built with Hi-Cc CAP, Solid CAP and new SFC Components.