A few months ago I reviewed the newest WiFi Mesh system by EnGenius, ESR530. Home Mesh networking is becoming an affordable solution that provides great coverage to a multi-floor dwelling. I was very impressed with the ESR530 kit and even recommended to some of my friends. Recently EnGenius released a new version of their home WiFi Mesh system, ESR580. ESR580 is a Tri-Band WiFi Mesh system that is visually pretty much identical to ESR530 devices and could be easily integrated into an existing EnGenius ESR530 network with ease.
The EnGenius ESR580 Tri-Band Smart Whole-Home Wi-Fi System delivers the strongest Wi-Fi to eliminate dead zones and support high traffic demands with ultrafast 11ac Wave 2 speeds. The Tri-Band mesh router delivers uncompromised 2200mbps wireless speeds and connectivity without interruptions. Experience complete network control with easy network set-up and management with EnMesh.
- The hottest high-tech 11ac Wave 2 using MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology
- Ultrafast Tri-Band mesh technology automatically detects the best connection
- Simplified smart mesh Wi-Fi means no unsightly wires & annoying software
- Wall-to-wall wireless coverage eliminates dead spots & connectivity frustrations
- Complete worry-free network control belongs to you
- The EnMesh Mobile App guides you step by step through a simple, stress-free set-up
- Customize parental controls and network management easily via the EnMesh Mobile App
No Specifications are available from the manufacturer.
EnGenius did not include any technical information on this product.
Just like the previous model ESR580 comes in a cardboard packaging. All the information on the packaging is identical as well with an exception of the model number on the bottom of the package.
The ESR580 kit comes with two ESR580 devices which are secured in a recycled enclosure. The packaging is light but holds devices securely while in transport.
The whole package comes with everything you need to get started with mesh networking for your home. Each ESR580 comes with a wall-mount power supply, two screws for a mounting unit on the wall, and an Ethernet cable to connect to your home network.