« A Closer Look at the be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro | Final Thoughts »
Hardware Installation and Clearance Compatibility
Front mounted radiator:
- 120/140/240/280mm radiator support
- 360/420mm radiator support requires removal of 5.25″ drive bay cage and installation of included fan mount attachment.
- Individual 3.5″ HDD cages removable depending on radiator thickness/length
- Rear 120/140mm radiators supported
- 120/140/240/180/360/420 mm radiators supported
- 420mm radiators/fans might be blocked by the Qi charging cables towards the front, 5.25″drive bay must be removed to fully mount
- There is 38mm of clearance from the roof of the top panel until the roof of the chassis metal frame begins
- 120/140/280mm radiators supported
- Radiator length is affected by PSU length installed
- There is 40mm of clearance from the floor of the panel until the floor of the chassis metal frame begins
Video Card clearance:
- There is 323mm clearance when a HDD cage is installed
- There is 472mm total clearance when the HDD cage is removed
CPU Tower coolers:
- CPU heatsink height clearance is generous and was able to fit the 165mm tall NH-D15S.
- 185mm total height clearance
- Large CPU backplate cutout
3.5″ HDD installation:
- Very versatile 3.5″ mounting cage. Each can be individually removed and are secured by three thumbscrews each
- Each 3.5″ HDD cage can also support two 2.5″ drives
- 90-degree SATA cable unusable because the center thumbscrews are on the way. Users must plug-in a straight angle SATA cable instead.
- Drive bay cage can be removed entirely to make way for additional radiator clearance, additional fan mounting or 3.5″ drive cage position.
- One can be installed behind the motherboard tray
- Two can be installed inside each 3.5″ HDD cage (one on top and one upside down)
- There is no shortage of cable management options behind the motherboard tray
- The entire top and bottom area is open so cables can freely pass through.
- An additional grommet is privided to cover one of the 3.5″ drive bay areas if the builder wants to use it as a pass-through point instead.