Most if not all memory manufacturers have some form of RGB RAM. However, not all deliver well-diffused lighting, multiple motherboard compatibility for lighting control, or blazing fast speeds. The ADATA XPG Spectrix D41 DDR4 RGB Memory claims to check those boxes. Spectrix is the part of the XPG family of products from ADATA; XPG is ADATA’s enthusiast line of products designed to be aesthetically pleasing and give great performance out of the box. Speeds of the Spectrix D41 range from 2666 MHz to 4133 MHz on their 2×8 GB kits and 3200MHz max on the 2×16 GB kits. The modules are available with tungsten grey or crimson red heat spreaders and there’s even a TUF Gaming edition available with a black and yellow heat spreader. The sample we received is clocked at 3000 MHz with timings of CL16-18-18. The Spectrix D41 supports Intel’s X299 as well as AMD’s AM4 platforms.
Review Sample Provided by:
Product Name/Link to Website: ADATA XPG Spectrix D41 RGB
Product was given in exchange for work done to produce this review.
The Spectrix D41 comes in a small box with a clear graphic of one of the memory modules on the front side of the box. Also listed on the front side of the box is the compatibility with motherboards and their lighting schemes. The Spectrix D41 is compatible with Asus Aura Sync, Gigabyte Fusion, MSI Mystic Light, and ASRock RGB control schemes as well as ADATA’s own software if you happen to be running a motherboard without RGB control. The back of the box lists in multiple languages what type of hardware this part is. There is also a QR code for you to scan which will take you to the product page of the modules. Timings and voltage are listed on the bar code sticker as well.
If the artwork wasn’t enough for you, there is a flap secured by Velcro that exposes the actual memory module. The inside of this flap gives a little bit of information such as how many pins, the type of lighting as well as the XMP certification and in this case, the memory supports Intel XMP 2.0. With the memory module in clear view, you can see the color and style of the heat spreader and make sure it matches your build before you purchase. You can also verify timing and voltage on the barcode sticker on the modules through the window too.
- Mesmerizing RGB lighting–supports software from major motherboard makers, fully customizable and programmable
- Armor-inspired design with a bright RGB LED strip
- Supports the new Intel X299 platform and implements baseline 2666MHz(via SPD settings)
- Superior power efficiency: 20% less draw than DDR3 (operating voltage decreased from 1.5V to 1.2V)
- Intel XMP 2.0 –more accessible overclocking
- Multilayered PCB for excellent stability
- RoHS Compliant
- Speed: DDR42666MHz–4133MHz
- Module size:8GB –64GB *8GB:8GB (8GBx1), 16GB (8GBx2),*16GB:16GB (16GBx1), 32GB (16GBx2)
- Compatibility:DDR4 2666 CL 16-16-16 @ 1.2V
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 85°C
- Storage temperature: -55°C to 100°C
- Operating voltage: 1.2V -1.4V
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 133.3 x 45.8x 8.0mm1
- Warranty: Lifetime