The first time I laid eyes on the Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 in person was at CES 2019. It was in the form of the IKONiK case mod by Calen Envious Mods. I knew then that I was looking at a special case. So, when we were contacted by Be Quiet to review the Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2, I was excited to really explore the many options the Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2 had to offer.
Be quiet! has designed the Dark Base Pro 900 with both modular and compatibility in mind. There are several ways to configure the inside of the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2. The motherboard tray can even be flipped in multiple different directions, power supply shroud removed, etc. Just looking at the features, the Dark Base Pro 900 is an excellent choice for anyone looking to build a new PC. But, being on the higher end of the spectrum, is the added cost associated with a higher-end case worth it? We will attempt to answer that and many other questions in this review.
|Model||Dark Base Pro 900 | Orange rev. 2|
|PSU form factor||ATX PS/2|
|Motherboard compatibility||E-ATX, XL-ATX, ATX, M-ATX, Mini-ITX|
|Case size excl. stands (L x W x H), (mm)||–|
|Installation of motherboards with backplate||✓|
|Case size incl. stands (L x W x H), (mm)||577 x 243 x 586|
|Dimensions side panel window (L x W), (mm)||479 x 525|
|USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C||1|
|HD Audio I/O||1|
|Fan mounting locations||10|
|Qi charger / Quick Charging Option||✓|
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Orange rev. 2 is the perfect case for all who expect the highest standards when it comes to modularity, compatibility, and design.
- Motherboard tray and HDD slots with enhanced possibilities for individual requirements
- Three Silent Wings 3 PWM fans
- Stepless dual-rail fan controller is switchable between Silence and Performance modes
- Ready for radiators up to 420mm
- PSU shroud and HDD slot covers provide a neat interior
- Side panel made of tempered glass
- Eye-catching RGB LED illumination
- Three years manufacturer’s warranty
- German product conception, design and quality control